problem with ip7250

hamedd2000

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip7250
i have canon ip7250 with refillable cartridge, the black color is unstable when i print, just black color. in fact when i touch paper my hand becomes black and my photo becomes like that:
69762176668744241012.jpg

i have tested it with word, photoshop and windows print software.
and also i have tested with different papers.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
You are using refillable cartridges. I will assume this issue is recent and did not occur before.

It would be best to know other variable such as the ink used, the refillable cartridge used, and the various papers you have used that this problem is demonstrated.

There are at least four different reasons that I can think of off the top:

1) Wrong ink in your refillable cartridge, using black dye ink in the black pigment ink cartridge. Dye-based inks are water soluble and will streak easily compared to pigment-based inks. Since this seems to happen with different types of papers (some which may not even hold pigment ink well) then the wrong ink is the likely culprit.

2) The printer is set to print other than Plain Paper when printing on "plain paper" which can cause the printer to preferentially use only the dye ink. This would be more likely if the streaking only occurs on Plain Paper and not on Photo Paper since photo paper is designed to use your dye-based inks.

3) If this occurs when you also print images on Photo Paper then either the photo paper is a poor choice for your ink OR the ink itself is bad.

4) Some other issue internal to the printer that caused a malfunction and requires service to diagnose and fix. Doubtful but possible.

Without more information I would speculate the issue is either wrong ink or bad ink.