Pro9000mkII Nozzle check - Is this terminal?

andy_48

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma iP8750; Pixma MG6650
I've been Cleaning (software maintenance) and cleaning (carts, etc) for weeks all to no avail. I've just soaked the head in the Pharmacist's solution for 24 hours, dried it, fitted a new (different) full set of carts filled with IS inks, run the Cleaning cycle again and still my problem won't go away!

The white stripe in the PM block (see test print) has stubbornly remained.

Please, has anyone any clues as to what I might try next?
IMG_20140806_0001.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You could try soaking the head again but this time use warm water with some washing up liquid and mix in some pharmacists solution also. (Hand hot)

Leave it for several hours then dry it as before and refit it back into your machine, put a couple of drops of window cleaner or pharmacist solution on the ink inlets before inserting the carts.

Then run a normal head clean and try a new nozzle print, now compare it to your previous one, if there is no visual improvement in the latest one then you’ll have to invest in a new print head, but if there is you may have to soak it again if not 100% clean..

andy_48

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks, Hat. My printer head is now soaking in 50% PS and 50% warm water with a generous squirt of Fairy. I'll report back tomorrow.

Incidentally, I've not added any ammonia to my PS mix. Do you think this might help?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks, Hat. My printer head is now soaking in 50% PS and 50% warm water with a generous squirt of Fairy. I'll report back tomorrow.

Incidentally, I've not added any ammonia to my PS mix. Do you think this might help?
You can certainly add a little ammonia to your mix but keep it below 4%, adding more than that won’t make it work any better..
Good luck..:thumbsup

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Why are CANON print heads suffering from Magenta or Light Magenta Clogs? Or are they clogs?
Joe

andy_48

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
24 hours later and, sadly, there is zero improvement. Looks like a new print head is my only option.

Thanks for your help.

paulcroft

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100
Why are CANON print heads suffering from Magenta or Light Magenta Clogs? Or are they clogs?
Joe
Interesting - it was the PM that became u/s on the latest printhead I had to replace for my Pro9000 II. It lasted just four months and led to me upgrading to a Pro-100. And it was the PM that was defunct on the previous print head too. Is there a pattern here?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
That's what I am thinking! I have lost two CANON 9000MKII print heads to magenta clogs that simply will not clear out regardless of what you do.

So I put that printer to rest on a shelf "Headless"

I have many others so no worries but it is a mystery I would love to figure out.

Joe

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
That’s a good question Joe, but before anyone answers your question you’d want to find out from each of them which ink and cartridges were used by each of your respondents.. :caf

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
That's why I wanted to keep it discreet.