Pro-100 Replacement Printhead problems

Grazer5

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100, Ricoh Pro 7100S
Hey guys, has anyone had a problem with replacement printheads. I've had a couple now that won't print the PC, M, Y, and PM channels. Brand new, out of the box from Canon. This is about the third or fourth time this has happened.

Any ideas ?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I think you have electrical problem with you printer, it's common for canon printers to do damage to brand new printheads.

Grazer5

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100, Ricoh Pro 7100S
I don't know if that's it because I've put the previous head back in and it will print those channels. I think it's a bunch of bum heads. I've sent an email to Canon about it.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
It's best to have second printer to confirm such condition, but if you have 2 heads and both of them print different on same printer than the heads may both be faulty

SuperareTech

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP deskjet 932c
It sounds like an electrical problem with the printer, as Smile said. If you can contact Canon or wherever you ordered it from, you could probably get a refund.

Grazer5

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100, Ricoh Pro 7100S
Well, after talking to Canon on the phone, I took one of our machines plus one of the replacement heads to our local service shop. They didn't have a problem! They thought, as did the Canon rep, that it might be a bad purge unit. Apparently not, I have 13 active and 5 in storage and this has happened as I said on several occasions. They figure that letting the machine sit after a couple deep cleans for a day or two primes the head with ink. I will keep everyone informed.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
They figure that letting the machine sit after a couple deep cleans for a day or two primes the head with ink.

Sounds more like the "Hail Mary" solution.

Bet you will be hard pressed to get Canon to write that into their STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE.

As ever, fulfilling my role as the "skeptics think tank", but waiting to be surprised!

rs

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Well, after talking to Canon on the phone, I took one of our machines plus one of the replacement heads to our local service shop. They didn't have a problem!
When you say they didn't have a problem do you mean they got the printer to print successfully on the missing channels with your machine or did they try switching the head into a different unit to get a result or similar?

Grazer5

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100, Ricoh Pro 7100S
Yes, they got it to print with the new head, which I could not do.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
So they replaced the purge unit ? And now printer works?

Latest posts