Pro 100 driver for Linux

lowell374

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
CanonPro-100, E2000p, LexMark
Anyone have an idea where to find a driver for Canon Pro 100 for use with Linux?
Can not find one from Canon; nor does there seem to be one from the CUPS org.
My crappy Google search lead no where. Maybe a URL for an excellent printer driver site?
Perhaps someone actually has a driver/Gutenburg profile for the PRO 100?

thanhhuy123

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525
Among the inkjet printer manufacturers, only HP is known to support Linux the best (with HPLIP project). The rest, including and especially Epson and Canon, dislike Linux. Although some of their printers have Linux drivers but those drivers are not as good as Window's or Mac's. So my recommendation (and is what I'm doing at the moment) is to still use Linux, and install a virtual machine with Windows and use the printer inside the VM!

I used this method for my Canon scanner and Nokia C3 feature phone. Take a look at my post at: http://vuongdothanhhuy.js.org/using-canoscan-lide120-and-nokia-c3-00-with-ubuntu-14.04/ ;)

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
What distro are you running?

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
I found this: Turbo print 2, it's got a 30 day free trial, then it's 29.95 EUR (approx. US$ 34)

Then I found this: How-to-install-Canon-PIXMA-PRO-100-on-Ubuntu, not sure if it'll work, but I thought I would include it.

Ill keep checking and see if I can dig anything else up, but it seems the best option is the Turbo Print thingy..

Slagathor

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 10, MG5320
Also, you could run a virtual winblows machine, and install the printer there..

lowell374

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Among the inkjet printer manufacturers, only HP is known to support Linux the best (with HPLIP project). The rest, including and especially Epson and Canon, dislike Linux. Although some of their printers have Linux drivers but those drivers are not as good as Window's or Mac's. So my recommendation (and is what I'm doing at the moment) is to still use Linux, and install a virtual machine with Windows and use the printer inside the VM!

I used this method for my Canon scanner and Nokia C3 feature phone. Take a look at my post at: http://vuongdothanhhuy.js.org/using-canoscan-lide120-and-nokia-c3-00-with-ubuntu-14.04/ ;)
Thanks for your post. Read your post at ... and found it very interesting. Thanks

lowell374

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
I found this: Turbo print 2, it's got a 30 day free trial, then it's 29.95 EUR (approx. US$ 34)

Then I found this: How-to-install-Canon-PIXMA-PRO-100-on-Ubuntu, not sure if it'll work, but I thought I would include it.

Ill keep checking and see if I can dig anything else up, but it seems the best option is the Turbo Print thingy..
thanks Slagathor. Looked at Turbo print and read the "How to...." article. Again, thanks for the ideas.