Printers at Lidl !

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have just noticed that Lidl are doing Canon printers here next week, ok they are only the very cheap ones but there’s no smoke without fire. :weee

It’s a start just maybe they'll get the bigger models in and grant a lot of guys their wish, little Acorns will grow.. :thumbsup

printer.PNG

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Yes it is thankfully, but seeing as everything is in Euros they don’t bother with the €. :confused:

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Not too badly priced works out to about £36 which is about £4 under the RRP in the UK for that model.
It will be interesting if Lidl follow suit as they do so often with it in UK stores and what price it will be. If you really look around you can nab a MG 2450 for about £25-30 here in the UK. Currys (expensive example relatively speaking) currently have it for £29.99 (under what they call a "save" £10 offer). Viking (a well known office/stationary UK online retailer) have it for £24.99.

Not a bad impulse purchase if in Lidl shopping though and need a cheapo printer for the odd letter or kids doing homework (though watch the kids ink use ;) ) Good spot :)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The printer is a two cartridge printer like the one posted by @jimbo123 here, but with less features. In my opinion it is similar to other supermarket bargain AIO's. I think the printer looks like an HP, and some speculate that HP and Canon are one company or at least have close relations.

The cartridges can be refilled but it is more difficult than refilling the single ink tanks, and no resetter exists for these cartridges. But if this printer is like other Canon printers, ink level monitoring can be disabled to allow printing with refilled cartridges.

For those who print only very little these printers might be a good buy instead of more expensive and more refill friendly printers. The price per printed page is high though.

Last edited:

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Please share with us in the USA....WHAT is "Lidl"? Some sort of retailer brand??

Never mind, I used Goggle...grocery stores in the USA don't sell printers. BUT, our drugstores DO sell lawnmowers!!

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
With stores in most European countries. It is setting very competitive retail prices, which is having quite an effect on established native retailers.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Please share with us in the USA....WHAT is "Lidl"? Some sort of retailer brand??

Never mind, I used Goggle...grocery stores in the USA don't sell printers. BUT, our drugstores DO sell lawnmowers!!

Both Lidl and Aldi are German owned discount supermarket chains, that operate in most EU countries. Once or twice a year they offer a very popular Sihl photo paper at a bargain price. It is popular here in Europe when someone spots the photo paper offer and posts a note on the forum.

The printer is nothing special, the 45€ = 60$. The Amazon offer jimbo123 spotted is better.