Pig 72 chip resetter light behavior

Ketil Wright

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1000
Hello;

I have been using the Precision Colors ink sets & associated accessories to refill my Canon Pixma Pro-10 for several months now.

Recently, I noticed a change in behavior with respect to the LED. Previously, once making contact between a cartridge and the resetter, the LED would flash briefly, go out, then glow for a longer period, before finally going out. That is exactly what is shown in the video on the Precision Colors web site.

Now, several of the cartridges will short-flash many times prior to presenting the longer glow. Some of them do this 5 times. I think I noticed one which went about 10 times.

In any case, all the cartridges are working properly, and the ink supply indicates full.

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I'm curious if anyone else has seen this behavior. Any idea what this tells us?

Thank You

Ketil

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Maybe this behaviour of the resetter is caused by intermittent contact between the contact pins on the resetter and the contact pads on the chips? You could try cleaning the pins and pads using a rag moistened with an electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I was not aware of this happening. I have some CLi-42 chips reset hundreds of times....to test resetters prior to ship and this did not occur.
Keep us updated if any other odd behavior shows up.

If it conks out, let me know as I am sure Redsetter will want to investigate.