Paper jamming when duplex printing

Mike Whitworth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4600
Hi All
My old faithful Cannon IP4600 printer has started playing up When Duplex printing . IE normal printing is fine what ever paper I use from the cassette or rear tray prints fine but today when I tried to duplex print the 1st page printed and when the paper was feeding back in it went skew wiff and jammed . I have checked to see if there is anything already jammed and cannot see anything I have been through the maintenance section and cleaned the rollers bottom tray etc several times still just the same. Any suggestions would be gratefully received

Regards to all
Mike

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Mike
You could try cutting a few sheets to A5 size and then try putting that through in duplex(Portrait), because there’s definitely a blockage in there somewhere, you could try opening the back of the printer and watch the sheets coming through from the front, disable the sensors first !

Mike Whitworth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4600
Interesting Point about A5 never tried it before but it does not seem to work at all.
Re looking at the back the paper does not get that far it fails at the first set of rollers the small quarter inch dia white rollers the paper goes skew wiff dragging part of it through untill it jams
Thanks for your reply
Mike

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Carefully examine the whole area where you think the paper jams is occurring for the smallest pieces of debris like paper clips or pins..

Mike Whitworth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4600
Carefully examine the whole area where you think the paper jams is occurring for the smallest pieces of debris like paper clips or pins..
I cannot see anything causing an obstruction but the righthand end white roller
is not turning now I assume I am goint to have to strip the printer down to get this set of rollers out is there a instruction manual any where I can get to show me how to strip it down ?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
You find a simplified service manual with some disassembly instructions here. Before download see this instruction. Druckerchannel.de has this instruction for disassembly for absorber change. This instruction is in German; an English translation is here.

I hope this helps.

Mike Whitworth

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4600
You find a simplified service manual with some disassembly instructions here. Before download see this instruction. Druckerchannel.de has this instruction for disassembly for absorber change. This instruction is in German; an English translation is here.

I hope this helps.
Thank you Peter I have downloaded the manual and printed it ( Pity I could not duplex print it :) )
I will strip it down at the weekend ( I have the grand children staying at the moment not conducive with stripping things down ) Thanks again for your help the manual shows exactly what I need to do
Regards and Thanks to all
Mike