"Old timey man" just getting into this here...........

mikem65d

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, ip6600D, i900D
Hi everyone,
my name is Mike and i am happy to be here.........so much info that is shared here so i'll try to be a contributor as well.
My main hobby interest is actually Free Flight model airplanes which is probably the oldest form of the sport and is pretty much unknown to newcomers in the modeling world. Should any one want to know more, just PM me and i'll explain.
I've done the shoots for a couple worldwide Model plane Magazines, and have always dabbled with printing my own pictures.
My recent purchases were for the Canon ip660D (i like the stand alone features) and the Pro 100.

I'm spending much time reading the various threads about the 100 and ink refilling so i'll most likely have some questions in regards to the 100 soon.
So far, things like "clogged Pro 100 head" threads concern me a bit, so i'll wait to ask until i read those threads thoroughly to ask.

regards,
-mike

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
To save yourself a lot of unnecessary worry just use both of your printers regularly and you won’t get clogs, it’s as simple as that..:)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum. I have fond childhood memories of balsa wood airplanes, some with rubber band powered propellers, I got from Woolworth's. Good times!

mikem65d

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To save yourself a lot of unnecessary worry just use both of your printers regularly and you won’t get clogs, it’s as simple as that..:)

I will indeed as my son has joined into photography with me this last year.
I have purchased refill kits for the 900 and 6600 from PC........Mike is very helpful.
Probably just getting ahead of myself.

mikem65d

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Welcome to the forum. I have fond childhood memories of balsa wood airplanes, some with rubber band powered propellers, I got from Woolworth's. Good times!
and those were the days i remember best...........nothing like scounging up empty coke bottles to cash in and go buy the Sleek Streeks we all had...;)

mikem65d

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
50 years ago I also played with these balsa wood air planes, they were also popular in Denmark. Similar planes are still available. Note prices have increased 10-20 times since the early sixties.
That's for sure............i bid on a few of the old Guillows kits at one time or another and came away with a bloody nose on a few...........well worth it, but if only one knew back in the day what they would go for today.
Funny, i paid 2,500.00 for my first DSLR which was a D60. When available, they go for around 70.00 on KEH.
Some things go the other way i guess.

mikem65d

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Me too..50 years ago..they had these funny "rubber motors" ("gummimotor" in german)..zero emission...before I got my first "captive plane" with an enngine of 2 cubic, tethered flying by going round in circles, got it on christmas eve, crashed it on christmas...
Survived almost a whole day you say?.........Sounds very familiar.
Rubber Power is a big World class event these days.
Countries from all over compete, but the models cost in the thousands........take a look at second photo down,

http://www.freeflight.org/index.htm

mikem65d

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
How do i send a PM to members here?

thx
-mike