not enough "Yellow" color when printing

P

printfan1138

Yellow again, and this time it's someone else! If you read my comments you will see my experiences with yellow fading in Epson C-88+ printers. I have been assured that there is nothing about the color or the chemicals that make yellow to blame but my trouble with fading and/or spotty prints always involves Yellow and no other color. Yellow on my printer is the last color to the right side of the Cart carrier so could that position have anything to do with it? Is this the case in your printer? There IS a reason that this happens so lets solve the mystery! When I get a solid answer I will share it with everyone! Regards...Printfan1138!

P

printfan1138

Ok Here is an update, I tried several times to get yellow going by soaking the parking pads on my Epson C88+ with windex, after all it worked before but Not this time. This is one of those moments when frustration threatens to take over and you start to wonder how far you could chuck a printer. After some venting for which I always feel sorry about later I got out the kit I had tried before which is one of those special cartridges with a direct hole to the post and where a syringe fits snugly! I had already set this up and used the Head cleaning solution provided in kit with little result but this time I got the brain storm to fill the syringe with windex. I had paper half run through the printer when I pulled the electric plug so I slowly and I mean little by little added the windex to the print head through the yellow post. Almost immediately I noticed that the Windex was freely going through the head and two hours later I drew back on the syringe getting a dirty yellow color along with some recaptured Windex! Pulled the kit out and reset the Yellow Cartridge and started printing purge pages and the first page had absolutely no yellow color at all. Fortunately just before I used the 16 pound sledge hammer I had on standby for just such an occurrence I noticed that I had forgot to unclip the yellow tube so no ink could flow! Well Duh! I unclipped and restarted the purge page and wonder of wonders, I have beautiful yellow and all is right with the world once more. I vowed that next time I'd be way more cool and not even think of using the hammer! Good Printing. Printfan1138!

P

printfan1138

I don't know about your printer but on the Epson c88+ the yellow cartridge is on the right side/end of the carrier and It occurred to me to wonder if the position in the carriage might not be one possible reason for the problems with yellow not printing well if at all. Cpuld there be more of a tendency for carts on the "edge" of the park pad to catch more air and tend to dry out more than other carts? Printfan1138!

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Glad to hear of your success.

A question: what do you mean by "a direct hole to the post"? What is the post?