not enough "Yellow" color when printing

ddedicate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi again InkJet Master,
Can I use the "Custom Cut Blunt Tip Needle for HP5x, 9X cartridges" from www.precisioncolors.com for German "Durchstich" refill method? Or where can I purchase such long needle for the job? Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3

ddedicate

I am sure the best place to answer your questions on needles and refills would be direct from your supplier so you could email them and get all the expert answers cheers.. :)
sales@precisioncolors.com

ddedicate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank You for all of yours advices, I'll start look into the "refilling" - and good buy to CISS (for Canon at-least)

ddedicate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Mr. Inkjet Master,
Don't mind if I'm asking, I see that your reference shown that you're currently have an iP4500 with CISS setup; how does the setup works out for you? Do you have any complication? i.e. Me?

Some one from this forum recommended this website, http://refillbay.com/ , what do you think of it?

Thanks,
ddedicate

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
ddedicate

:( Yes I have the ip4500 fitted with the CISS setup and its the most troublesome of all.
The dam thing seems to play up every time I want to use it.
I would spend half an hour just trying to get it to start, only then would it settle down.
I am strongly thinking of reverting to OEM refills again on this printer.
Take the ip4700 it was a bit of a bitch to setup but has never given any trouble at all surprisingly.
All my CISS Systems work very well but some Canon printers are just not worth converting.
I got all my CISS kits out of cityinkexpress which look to be the same ones that Rihac supply.
As far as refillbay.com is concerned I am sure that they are good to deal with especially if they were recommended by this forum, but I have never used them.
I only suggested precisioncolors.com as mikling is a contributor on this forum and is thought highly of by those who have used his products & inks.
The Hat..

ddedicate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Inkjet Master,
Thanks for all the info., it explains a lot and learn a lot. I've printed out some of these discussion for my personal reference.

I've read up on the Epson Artisan 50 Ink Jet Printer with CISS system (review by http://freedomtoprint.com/), I kinda like it. Do you have any recommendation for such setup? So many users in this forum are highly enjoy "Epson" printer with CISS setup, that's why I've been read up and lean over to the Epson Ink Jet printers. Again, you info. is greatly appreciate. Ddedicate

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
ddedicate

Yes Epson is the way to go if you really want to use a reliable CISS System, or just get hold of an older Canon printer.
Most people wouldnt print enough to warrant using a CISS, so the real jewel in the crown (I think) is refilling and using OEM cartridges.
When my CISS start to give trouble I will go back to using cartridges, but will only need to keep one of my printers on CISS.
CISS versus Refilling on Canon printers
(I reckon) 95% would be happier with refilling, its only a little slower but much more reliable.. ;)

laura0812

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you for the information that you have shared on this thread. Nice forum on Inkjet Printers y'all got here. I have learned a lot from your inputs. Thanks :p slots

ddedicate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
InkJet Master,
You're the BEST. Thank You and everyone for the info. I think it would wise to start to collect the OEM cartridges for my Canon iP4500. This is an great site.