not enough "Yellow" color when printing

ddedicate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Good day to all experts,
I hoped some one out there can help me out with my exisiting problem with my Rihac CISS system for Canon iP4500 setup. Let's me tell you a little bit about the history of my problem. Roughly about 1-year ago, after I installed the new Rihac CISS for my Canon iP4500 printer, everything works out real nice for the first 6-months. I only mainly used this printer for CD and DVD home made movie of my own. Until 1 day, the "yellow" color started to fade-out real bad, it was almost to the point that I can hardly see any "yellow color" in the the pattern. And this is where my adventure began.
I had contact Rihac through email, and he was very good at get back to me. suggested me all different solution to fix the problem. And believed me, I HAVE TRIED THEM "ALL". From cleaning, priming, and re-priming, cleaning, removed air, air bubble, and nothing was working. At the very least, he suggested me to order the new "print-head" for my iP4500. And so I did that. O.K, so here I have a new print head installed - and everything is working as normal for about 6-week. Then, the problem started again, my "yellow-pattern" is still fading. I have checked, and double checked; even priming the tube again to make sure the "yellow-cartridge" is fully ink and it doesn't looks it has any "clogging". I've used the Canon software to "clean" the print head repeatedly, STILL NO IMPROVEMENT. Right now I can use ANY SUGGESTION - Thanks so much for look into my headache. I'm thinking about getting the Epson Stylish as well? Any ideas any one?

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to get a new printer if you're dead set on a CIS. It's been the well researched and experimented opinion on this site that CIS and Canon are incompatible.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
In all honesty that sounds a lot like the Yellow ink is basically on its way out but having tried to figure this stuff out and wound up losing my sanity in the process I'd go with a new printer that's more suited to CIS, or ditch the CIS, get some Canon OEM cartridges and start refilling instead.

... and bear in mind I am a big CIS fan, just not with Canon printers.

ni9eofse7en

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I will reiterate what has been said so far. Generally speaking when I looked at Canon printers and CISS I found that a lot of users were stating that there can be compatibility issues that do not occur with such frequency on Epson products. And where I had seen CISS on a Canon it looked difficult to set up right and created an unappealing visual set up, OK in a photographers lab but not so good at home.

It's a bit of a generalisation but

Canon - OEM carts and /or refill carts.
Epson - OEM or compatible carts or CISS

I would say that you resolved the problem by fitting a new print head, so the resolution now would be the same. However this is going to be expensive every 6 weeks or so. If you are printing for business purposes then this may be the shelf life of your set up, if its personal and infrequent use then you have to think that the ink you are using is clogging the printer head.

Have you tried removing the CISS and putting in OEM carts, because if that resolves the problem then you know its the CISS.

I am sure you will get a lot of advice on here on your problem, I have recieved good advice and read a fair bit on here and these guys and girls know their stuff.

ddedicate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello ni9eofse7en,
Thank You so much for your input. I've considered hard to "switch" over to OEM cartridges and REFILL kit for some time. Just like you, I've read so much in this forum for the "incompatible" Canon and CISS system. I like this iP4500 printer for its quality. Where do I start to look into purchase a good "REFILL" kit for my printer? And can I purchase the inks from Rihac and use them as the Refill for the cartridges? Thanks again for all of you guys suggestion...
Derik

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
ddedicate

You couldnt go wrong using Rihac ink and OEM cartridges. Go on start refilling and enjoy. :)
Ciss does work on some canon printers (not ip4500) but youd need a large volume of print and rubber gloves to make it work for you.. :|

ddedicate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank You InkJet Master,
Well, I think I'll use up all the inks inside the reservoir of my current Rihac CISS system, then I will start to switch-over the "refill" setup. Anyhow, where can you recommend to purchase the "kit" for refilling? I think I would need at-least an 2.5 inch long needle to use with German "Durchstich" refill method, as suggested in this forum; and where can I get such needle? I'll purchase the "inks" from Rihac for sure. By the way, once I remove the CISS system from my iP4500, do I need also take take out those "silicon nozzle seals, qty: 5" from the printhead? Your advises are greatly appreciate.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
ddedicate

You need to return your printer back the way it was before CISS, remove everything and start fresh.
As far as the refill is concerned you didnt say what part of the world youre in US, EU, Middle EAST, ASIA or OZZ..

ddedicate

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Sorry about that InkJet Master,
I'm in USA, California. And hopefully I can order those kit and accessories within the USA. Thanks