Need help here

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
Hey all. I have the Canon MG6320. I've refilled the cartridges, but the printer displays the message that it can't read the ink level and to replace the cartridge. Precision ink webpage states the following:

Currently there is no resetter for this generation of cartridges. In order to continue to use the cartridge after it is refilled, we must simply disable the ink monitor chip function.

Canon has allowed users to do this for many years on prior models and this practice has
continued. When the time arrives when your cartridge is declared finally empty by your
printer, you will simply follow the directions on the screen of the computer and/or printer.

I don't see any instructions on the screen on how to shut off the monitoring function. Can anyone provide guidance on how to shut this thing off?

Thanks...Al

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Have you seen the aftermarket cartridges with auto reset chips that Precision Colors sells for your printer? The reset chips are improved and, while an additional cost, sound better than just disabling the ink monitor, which has resulted in more ink wasting maintenance cycles on previous printers according to members here on the forum.

http://www.precisioncolors.com/C6Ecart.html

Methodical

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
USA
Have you seen the aftermarket cartridges with auto reset chips that Precision Colors sells for your printer? The reset chips are improved and, while an additional cost, sound better than just disabling the ink monitor, which has resulted in more ink wasting maintenance cycles on previous printers according to members here on the forum.

http://www.precisioncolors.com/C6Ecart.html

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know about these.

Latest posts