My new Canon Ip4920 @ Dominican Republic

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
Hi guys today is a great day cause i have my new Canon Ip 4920 in this Post i will says all that is happening with my printer new stuff continues quality and refilling method using, ink I'm using and the cartridges that i will use.

First this printer look much better than my old Canon ip4500 and my older one Canon ip500 so is smaller very nice desing and very simple installation just with much process that is not a issue if u read the manual at beggins. First i print was a CD Label into my Verbatim DVD blan HUB printable model White HUB printable No stack Ring Part number: 94854 the image was great i'm using the Software of Canon Easyprint i used Surething for around 8 years now i taste this one is great but inner outer is a little before to complete my printing so i was wondering if i can gate a template for surething or undercover XP pro so i think i can use those software after that i print one old image when i was in school like 1999 poor quality picture but the result of the print was great i select vivid photo and noise reduction photo so, i like it compare with my old canon ip4500 at the moment the quality on my prints are so close that looks like the same let's see in the future.

So if someone knows how to get a close print to my Verbatim DVD HUB print post it here plz and Michele let's talk about your cartridges i need the link to buy it with the discount thanks all for read and keep in touch every week so i will report this print and see how smart it's.

Posdata: From now on my printer won't never turn off again getting ready for the Michele cartridges Set auto reset chip.

:D;):lol:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
oroblec wrote
So if someone knows how to get a close print to my Verbatim DVD HUB print post it here plz
I guess that you want information on how to change settings in the Canon CD label print program, to allow full-face CD/DVD's to be printed without leaving an area around the hub unprinted?

The trick is to define a new PAPER format in CD Label Print. Here is how in short:

Open CD Label Print, click NEW to get started. From menu line click File, click Select Paper... , In Paper Selection Window at the bottom click New, An Add/Edit User Defined window opens. In this window you can adjust inner circle size down to 17 mm. For most discs 20 mm will be the proper setting. You may rename User Defined1 to full-face or whatever you prefer or just save by clicking OK. You now have the option to select and print full-face discs.

The tricky part is that Canon for some strange reason speak of a paper format when they actually mean disc format. The manual is not very clear on this subject either.

I hope this info is sufficient, else write again and I will try to explain it in more detail and add screen dumps.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
i really don't understand when i try to put 120 outer inner it just let me put 118. how u do it ?

i open easy software later choose Disc Label and i tried it not luck.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
ok Problem Fixed as i told you guys before surething is one of the best program for print dvd and covers at least for canon and verbatim ones i used the same template of my old canon ip45000 and just change the tray to G and work perfect.

the quality is much much more better than my old canon ip45000 using the same setting and same material for printe picture and dvd so is a pleasure for me just i had seen the ink is running out so fast more that you think later i will explain u what configuration i'm using for print Covers and DVD and i will play change it to see if it's more economy with a close result.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The CD/DVD is 120 mm diameter, but the printable area does not extend to the edge of the disc but only to 1mm or more from the edge. Therefore maximum allowable outer diameter is 118 mm. You do not want to print outside the printable area, the ink will smear and the result is messy.

Here is the step by step procedure to create a new disc format:

1. Start by measuring the inner and outer diameter of the printable area on your discs and open the CD Label Print program. Your program window should look like this:

6881_cdlp1.jpg

2. Click new (circled in red) to get started, and you get this window:

6881_cdlp2.jpg

3. In the menu line click "File" and the file menu opens:

6881_cdlp3.jpg

4. Click "Select Paper..." and you get this:

6881_cdlp4.jpg

5. Note the "Wide Printable CD (12cm)" marked in green. This menu item can be used to print full-face discs, and the circles can be adjusted to proper size. Not all versions of CD Label Print has this option though. If you have this option and want to use it, then you can skip forward to 8. But I suggest to click "New" marked in red to create a custom format for your Verbatim discs. You now get this window:

6881_cdlp5.jpg

6. 1. Adjust the inner and outer size so they are the same as for your disc measures. 2. I suggest renaming User Defined1 to "Verbatim 94854". 3. Click OK. You now get something like this:
I use Taiyo Yuden printable discs, therefore the name "TY fullface" in my setup.

6881_cdlp6.jpg

7. Click OK, and you are now ready to start creating artwork that will fit your discs perfectly:

6881_cdlp7.jpg

8: If you selected "Wide Printable CD (12cm)" in 5 you can click "Adjust Circle Size":

6881_cdlp8.jpg

9. You can now adjust inner and outer size to fit your discs:
Note that if ""Standard CD (12cm)" is selected, you cannot adjust inner circle to fit fullface discs. Therefore you need to create a new format, or use the "Wide CD" option if available.

6881_cdlp9.jpg

10. 1. Change inner and outer size to fit your discs. 2. Click OK. You are now ready to create artwork to fit your discs:
I recommend that you don't change the default formats, but create your own custom format and giving it a proper name. If you decide to try another brand of discs with different circle sizes, you can create a new format for those discs. There is no need to delete the Verbatim format in that case. Just add the new format.

6881_cdlp10.jpg

I hope these instructions will be helpful. I think the problems arise because Canon uses the words Paper Format instead of Media Format. In my opinion both the help file and the online manual could be improved. They are not much help. I admit that when I bought a Pixma 4200 some years ago, I had the same problems with CD formats, but someone was able to tell me how to do it.

Happy CD printing.
Peter.

Edit: You posted your answer #5 while I was writing this, so I didn't see it and posted this. I'm glad you solved your problems and I hope that maybe other forum members will find the instructions useful.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just Brilliant PeterBJ

A Great step by step tutorial well done..:celebrate

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
that was the problem PeteBJ we were talking about diferent software i use Canon Easy-PhotoPrint that is much diferent as cd label print the old ones and the problem of easy is the inner outer print area not the are of the hub. but anyway is a great tutorial some one will need this help.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
This how it looks like when you start it.
8830_01.jpg

this the part where i select the option
8830_02.jpg

this is the Wrong view as you can check.
8830_03.jpg

as you can see my outer circle size is not enough for complete my dvd i had fix it with surething but we are just talking about this software.