looking for printer with 2 characteristics

zan

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 300f
Greetings printer-experts!

So I am thinking of buying a new printer and I am interested in two main characteristics. First of all, the ink must be refillable. I'm not even sure this is the right term, I'm kind of a newbie, I just don't want to have to buy cartridges all the time, you know? I've already spent a fortune on them (is it true that they make printer ink with unicorn blood?
biggrin.gif
) Any clarifications on the available options would be welcome.

The second characteristic is that the device must also be a fax machine and a photocopier. But the important issue here is that faxes must be sent in bulk. My job requires that I send hundreds of faxes (I mean the same fax to hundreds of recipients) and I currently have to send them manually, which is hardly practical. So there should be a software that allows the computer to tell the fax machine "please send this fax to these numbers: 21341234, 12343423, 23455352, etc." and the fax works all night. I hope this makes some sense, I'm sure there's a single term for what took me a paragraph to explain!

Lastly, I should say that money IS an issue. My finances are not exactly flourishing right now, so the most economic solution that fits the aforementioned criteria will be chosen. I cannot give a price range, as I have no idea how sophisticated these characteristics are.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

lowell374

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
CanonPro-100, E2000p, LexMark
Printers with those three functions are usually identified as "AIO". Bulk FAX sending is usually done by software; i.e., create your text and via a process transform it into a form which the software can use. The SW then, using your computer to internet/printer connection "dials" numbers and trans.itts, in the FAX idiom, the document.

zan

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 300f
Printers with those three functions are usually identified as "AIO". Bulk FAX sending is usually done by software; i.e., create your text and via a process transform it into a form which the software can use. The SW then, using your computer to internet/printer connection "dials" numbers and trans.itts, in the FAX idiom, the document.
Do you mean that you don't actually need a fax machine for bulk fax sending, only software?

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Do you mean that you don't actually need a fax machine for bulk fax sending, only software?

Unless you have found a way to turn the physical paper document you have, which you want to fax into lines of digital code without a piece of hardware scanning the document in some form first, or can rip it up into nano particles for carrier pigeons then OBVIOUSLY NO you still need a fax machine or AIO printer/scanning device to copy it first.

If the document is already in digital form on your computer (IE no scanning of paper needed) then i suggest you use this thing called email which would be better and quicker than faxing and you would not need the fax machine to scan things in the first place. Or it dialing numbers all night long.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
20 years ago I installed a fax server software for the bank called Zetafax.
It still exists, but is probably too expensive for your needs.
It is 100% software (except for the modem).

You can find free/open source solutions.
There are also online fax services, or via mail.

If you already have a scanner and and a normal printer, there are apps who scan and print, the end result is the same.

Latest posts