Laser Printer, Please Help Me Choose! :)

Mark Anthony

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5650, Epson XP-760
Howdy printlings....

For a few years now I've been printing round glossy labels with an inkjet and I feel the time has come to upgrade to a laser printer. I don't have a clue where to start, I've never even seen one in action, I was hoping this forum is the place to be to get the best advice!

Here's a list of things that I feel the printer should do to place my OCD at rest;

1. Print very accurately, so for example, as I am printing round glossy labels, I really don't want to be contending with a printer that has a 5mm discrepancy left/right/up/down each time I print.

2. Print photo grade prints

3. Handle at least 100 prints per day

4. Be cost effective

5. Be reliable

6. Finally, not essential; if it could clean the office after a hard day's work, that'd be a Brucey Bonus!

------------------

I'm guessing that my budget would be anything up to £700

Thanks in advance everyone, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Howdy printlings....

For a few years now I've been printing round glossy labels with an inkjet and I feel the time has come to upgrade to a laser printer. I don't have a clue where to start, I've never even seen one in action, I was hoping this forum is the place to be to get the best advice!

Here's a list of things that I feel the printer should do to place my OCD at rest;

1. Print very accurately, so for example, as I am printing round glossy labels, I really don't want to be contending with a printer that has a 5mm discrepancy left/right/up/down each time I print.

2. Print photo grade prints

3. Handle at least 100 prints per day

4. Be cost effective

5. Be reliable

6. Finally, not essential; if it could clean the office after a hard day's work, that'd be a Brucey Bonus!

------------------

I'm guessing that my budget would be anything up to £700

Thanks in advance everyone, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)
That’s a good shopping list you there so let’s see if you like the answers.

1. The only reasonably accrete laser printers are all big digital ones (Four figure sums).

2. Yes they can print reasonable quality photos depending on the label surface that you print on.
3. No problem using them for small quantity runs.

4. No four colour home printing is ever cost effective, but not necessarly expensive.

5. These digital beasts are extremely reliable they can just about print for ever.

6. I don’t know about your office but it can certainly clean out your wallet but not in a day !

7. There is an alternative however, stay with inkjet printers because there are quite a few that can do all of the about much cheaper that are in your budget range..​

PSA Toner

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 5550
Try to review Fuji xerox Docuprint C5005, I think this printer have a good specs for middle class digital printing