ip8500 Too much Magenta

d87cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've just bought an ip8500 after a disastrous experience with a PRO-1 (smashed to pieces by the courier)

The colours aren't right, it looks far too heavy on the magenta compared to my i9950. When it arrived the Red was blocked so I left in cleaning fluid overnight to soak, but that has been flushed through thoroughly now.

Advanced Nozzle check attached from both printers and sample prints from both printers.

Any thoughts?

ps, same ink (genuine) and same paper (canon)

Scan071.jpg
Scan070.jpg
Scan072.jpg

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Did you activate the icm-profile option on both printers ? Since you are using both Canon inks and papers the color profiles provided by the driver may be used.

d87cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Using BCI-6's in both...

Not entirely sure what you mean by activating the icm profile? :\

Does this look right?

canon.PNG

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Try using the CLI-8 carts instead, because they use just a slightly different ink set, besides they might even be cheaper than your current ones are.

You could also try introducing just the one CLI-8 magenta and it might resolve the Magenta cast, but I suspect you may have to change the cyan too..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm not familiar with the Canon nomenclature, how the icm profile names relate to Canon Papers. I activate the profiles in the application I'm using for printout - typically Qimage , profile activation is typically arranged under the color management settings in other programs, as well in Photoshop.

d87cfv

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello again guys, just a follow-up; the ip8500 has sorted itself out. I think one of the ink cartridges was bad as I kept printing as customers were happy with the prints although I stayed away from ones with lots of skin. But now, after a full set change it prints as well as the i9950. They're currently chewing their way through a batch of 250 6x4 prints so it's earning its keep!

Thanks again,

Dan

Latest posts