InkProducts COC smart chip technology

Larryb

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000, WP-4530, R2000
It's unclear to me whether one chip may be used over and over, or if the chip must be replaced everytime it registers empty. Can these carts be refilled with the same chip up to 150 times? Or do I need to replace the chips each time for $15.79 per set?

Larry

https://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store441/pages.php?pageid=25

Quote from site:
How our COC Smart Chips Work for Epson WF 4630-WF 4640 Printers
Epson Workforce PrecisionCore™ printers use a new type of lock out chip and firmware to stop all after market products.

Here is how Epson's new lock out works. NOTE: We do not use old style ARC chips because they can become unstable with Epson new firmware.

Once a chip's serial number is used in the printer it can never be used again. This stops all after market cartridges with resettable chips.

So all chips have a one time use but also require that the serial number be change with every new chip set.

How does our new XXL COC smart chip™ work against Epson new Lock out?

Our XXL COC smart chip™ has now 150 random serial numbers along with a firmware override. Once a chip is used in the set all you do is install a new chip set. There is no need to throw the cartridges way.

This makes it a lot cheaper to use the printer. A chip set is only $ 15.79 cheaper then one Epson cartridge. Addistional chips are available.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
The supplier's explanation implies for me that the chips are good for one-time use because the embedded serial number enables the use of one cartridge fill only. One can expect that the chip prices will drop over time and that other solutions may become available as well, such as a chip reprogrammer with another serial number , more than a simple resetter. The CISS L800 printer uses another approach - it requires the entry of unique ink bottle codes for every refill to protect against 3rd party inks. But bottle codes became available via the Internet quickly, and the WICReset software allows a reset of the bottle code storage directly in the printer firmware so you can start from scratch. That may come sooner or later as well for this type of cartridge protection - just clearing the serial number storage in the printer firmware and using the same serial number again, and providing a reset function for the cartridge chip, for the ink usage information. Watch out for it .

Larryb

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000, WP-4530, R2000
That's what I'm assuming for now. I'm not exactly ready to jump for those cartridges yet. Inkowl still has older style chips. I just have to make sure I don't update my firmware.

Larry