Ink not flowing in ciss???

Cary

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
UV flatbed printer China
After resolving a different issue with my printer and letting it sit for a week, My current problem is getting the ink to flow through the dampers to the print head. Here's what I've done

1. replaced all the dampers which needed to be done anyway. Problem was happening before replacing dampers. I also primed each of the new dampers by pulling ink through the outlet on the damper.

2. Multiple power cleans and NO ink flowing from any color.

3. Put solution in capping station and pulled it through the waste ink line. No blockage

4. When I run a power clean I can see air bubbles coming from the line into the waste ink reservoir so I assume the pump is working.

Thanks for any other troubleshooting tips!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
which printer model are we talking about ? How do you know that the nozzles are free - you get the ink up through the dampers - but then?

Cary

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
UV flatbed printer China
which printer model are we talking about ? How do you know that the nozzles are free - you get the ink up through the dampers - but then?

Thanks for your response I know the printer head isn't clogged because I removed the dampers and manually cleaned the printer head with fluid all the nozzles are clear. The printer uses an Epson r90 printer head. I hear the pump come on during the power clean and I can see air bubbles coming out into the wastetank which makes me assume the pump is functional.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
o.k., you say that the printhead is free of any blockage, the ink flow up to the printhead is working, but it does not print - could it be that the nozzles are not firing ? or the ink is not suitable , wrong viscosity whatever ?

Cary

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
UV flatbed printer China
I don't think it has to do with the nozzles firing because I can see the ink is not going into the waste ink resivoir when I run a power clean so no ink is being pumped even though the pump seems to be working. It also does not have to do with the viscosity of the ink as I have been using the same ink bottles for 3 months. The ink levels are low in the bottles however maybe this?

The ink levels are low in the bottles but there's about an inch of ink on the bottom and the hose is definitely submerged in the ink

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
You may raise the ink bottles by an inch and check whether it's printing then.
The capping station, the part which is moved against the nozzle plate from underneath in the idle position should close rather airtight, only then the pump can pull ink through the nozzles, there should be rubber lips enclosing the nozzle plate. One lip is used as well to wipe the nozzle plate after a print job, these rubber lips may be missing or partially damaged. These about the last things I can come up with for remote support in this case.

Cary

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
UV flatbed printer China
Yeah now I think we're getting somewhere. when I get home I'll check the capping station carefully for the seal that you spoke about. It could be the ink level but I have a feeling it's related to the capping station as you suggested.

Cary

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
UV flatbed printer China
I appreciate all your help trying to resolve this. I'm new to this types of printers but have learned a lot in the last few months the hard way.

Cary

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
UV flatbed printer China
Well I checked the rubber seals around the capping station and blade that cleans the print head, cleaned them really good but still no ink flowing when the pump is running. I also raised the ink bottles 6 inches but still nada. I ran three or 4 more power cleans to test and did see a little ink flow to the waste resevoir but only for a moment. Oh well, if you have any other suggestions, please let me know. I feel like it's just not primed or an air leak near the pump as the pump pulls air through to the waste resevoir no problem.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Try using a syringe to prime the cartridges again, and make sure to remove all of the air from the feed tubes, if there is a leak then you’ll have ink spilling out in that area where the leak is.

P.S. return the ink bottles back to the level of the printer again after priming..

Latest posts