How to install an external waste ink tank on a Canon MP780 (or MP760)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
johnwarfin Wrote:-
The only Canon using CIS is beginning to act up now. Horizontal pink bands every inch. Sounds like cyan is clogged or a supply problem. Tanks are full. This is really the only trouble I've had with CIS last couple years. Epsons doing fine. Maybe you are right about Canon and CIS.
I must be the exception to the rule here as my CISS on the canon is working fine on its second year. But now I am beginning to get the jitters just reading whats going on and waiting for the whole thing to go belly up in a Technicolor explosion. I run my CISS nearly every day because I get work for them and when I need pigment ink I use another non CISS printer (Which is not too often). I am however looking towards the idea of a new Epson.. :)

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
ghwellsjr, do you have pics of the new setup?

d1hamby

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Don't the overseas printer use different cartridges and chips?

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Rob, I have dismantled my external waste ink tank, if that is what you are asking about. I temporarily used the bottom of that particular printer to unclog a purge unit on another printer and then restored the original bottom to that printer. Currently, the bottom that has the hole in it is just loose all by itself, not in any printer.

D1hamby, the MP780 does not have chips in its cartridges and I believe the older printers that had cartridges without chips used the same cartridges everywhere in the world.