How to double the maximum size of a banner on a Canon printer !

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Here is a little tip for those who are interested

It is possible to print up to (1.2 metres) with a bit of trickery and loads of imagination,
which can be achieved easily (Thinking outside the box)

It goes like this:-

First set your paper canvas length to 11.7 cm (46) in Photoshop/Illustrator or other App.
and type out your message then move it into position for printing.

Next select a NEW canvas and set the paper length this time to half of the previous size 58.5 cm (23),
then cut and paste half of your previously prepared Image that you want to print

5128_congrats.png

and place it onto this smaller canvas, now when you have your image in the right position print it out.

5128_first_half.jpg

The image will now only appear on the left hand side of your banner paper (Half) so then put the banner paper back into your printer,
but this time insert the Blank end into the feed tray feed first.

5128_front_upside_down.jpg

Now select the other half of your image, and place it into the same canvas as before by using the previous image to align it up carefully,

5128_ulat.png

Then hide the first image layer to prevent it from printing.

5128_second_half.jpg

Set your printer to print the same settings as before BUT this time in print (Page Setup) rotate the image 180 degrees
then hit the print button and youll now have your first 4 foot long banner.

5128_the_lot.jpg

Its only a matter of printing your image in two halfs, but it doesnt work if thats not possible. (Like Pictures)

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
Blimey you must be a rocket scientist to work that out or you had a high paying job for a long banner:)

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
rodbam said:
Blimey you must be a rocket scientist to work that out or you had a high paying job for a long banner:)
No its that very strong Irish Whiskey, lubricates all parts, particularly the brainbox

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Cute technique! I also downloaded a little program, named Poster, several years ago. It breaks up an image into separate pages that permitted my 8.5x11 printer to produce 2x3 foot or larger poster prints. After printing the several pages you assemble the poster by doing a pasteup on poster board. The overlap is visiable, but the appearance is still quite good. Obvously you get a better poster by taking the image file to a company that does posters, but for posters that will have limited use the lower price and really good image quality of our home printers makes this little program a gem. Best to use the thinnest matte paper, but with the Staples double matte paper price on special so low I've used it as well. The overlap shows a bit more due to the thickness of the paper, but the thicker paper is easier to handle while glueing to the poster board.

Kartusko

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I use fiverr most of the times for the designing of my banners in 300dpi quality and then I just print them on my laser...

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Hmm since canon is a black box I'm not sure it's possible to hack it by changing the drivers, it depends where the limit is set. Could be both.

However I did pay a hacker to fix this nonsense on my brother printer, now can print unlimited. The sad part is I have 32bit only driver fixed, and the hacker got banned on the forum so I can't reach him to fix 64bit now :(