How do you make this work?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I have seen their ads and claims and promises before - they have the ink with the wow-factor - most brilliant and vivid etc - I'm wondering why Epson is not buying their inks from them...they are proud of their filtering for a clog-free ink etc, J Cone/Vermont ink is proud of a unique encapsulation process, so I'm left in the dark which ink is the best to use - I think I'll go to the anonymous printing addicts and contemplate my situation.
To RIP or not to RIP - that is quite a different subject and may indeed have advantages not just in the commercial printing business but as well for somebody who tries to get over the limitations of the standard driver - like ink limits per ink channel - changing transition ranges from solid to light color inks, or changing the level of undercolor removal - replacing the the lightness of a color by gray ink - to a degree controllable with the RIP. Or you could change the inkset with a RIP, using blue and read instead of light C and light M, or change the dithering algorithm, changing the way the different droplet sizes are used, and more, not all of this with all RIP packages but this or that with one or the other.

Last edited:

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
OK apparently the photo has nothing to do with the colors you would be getting. They are apparently the same color palette as the current Epson k3 set. I was fooled by the photo!

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
you can't maximize the mathematical MAX gamut of an Epson 8 Channel Printer using the same driver/RIP
interchanging the Inks and creating a specific profile for it will still never opt out the mathematic MAX
some RIP will blend and use the print patters differently, instead of a 4pass each dot a rip could go even hight creating only the tiniest droplet size and advancing to 16pass
so in theory each print will take significantly longer (4x to be exact) but a differnt renderer or ditherer withing the ink laying algorhytm will add total color as in mathematic numeric apporach.

for egg. RIP for industrialized Epson-printhead based solvent printers (they use FOUR DX5 printhead 8 channel similar to the R2000 / R1900 / R2880 printhead)
Each printhead will only print with ONE Designated color so 8 channels Cyan, 8 channels Magenta, 8 Channels yellow and 8 channels black!!
the printers operate in a single pass and dual pass mode
Single pass meaning EACH X movement regardless if from left to right or right to left the roll paper will advanced the excact height of the printhead THIS IS REALLY FAST PRINTING
but note that industrial solvent priner could have a wide print up to 126inch (320cm)
dual pass meaning the printhead carriage moves left then right and then the roll media will advance for the exact height of the printhead.

I have seen the differences beetween RIP software
the technolgy behind it and the knowledge is just astonishing so no wonder they charge high prices for even a "small" product

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
did anybody here tested these super inks in direct comparison to original inks ? Is their gamut wider - is their gloss better ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
did anybody here tested these super inks in direct comparison to original inks ? Is their gamut wider - is their gloss better ?
Without knowing myself or waiting on an answer, I reckon it would be NO.. :oops:

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
some companies create quite a big hype around their products which makes me generally skeptical, Epson and Canon are spending quite some effort to develop and produce inks as good as they are today, and topping that may require quite some effort. I guess it's possible but at which price ? I may try them when I'm running out of ink, I'm always interested in some testing but I won't drain my current pigment inks just because of their claims.
RIP capabilities, using other ink sets etc is a pretty different subject and not specifically related to this company.