HELP !!!: Service error 1224 Paper Feed misalignement Epson Pro 3800

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I am having serious problems with my Epson Pro 3800 today: it could not feed paper today and I got this dreadful message:

Service Call error 1224

Please contact to the repair center

What can I do ?

imaggie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I guess the 3800 is still buggy. I had this error before too. What I did was to turn the printer off, let it sit with the power cable unplugged for a while. Then try connecting the power cable and turning the printer back on again. I did that a couple times already, always clear that error messages. I've heard this 3800 has problems, so along comes the 3880. My friend unfortunately ran into the error 1224 too, They replaced everything, cost her $350 bucks, and it still did not work. Then epson told the repairshop to change main board. The tech brought in main board and spent hours and hours to re-program it and put everything back. Still no luck with error 1224. I think the 3880 may be the fix to this problem. I hope it's an esay fix to you, if not, don't waste money trying to fix it. Even Epson Couldnt fix it. If it is still under warranty, epson should simply send you a new printer.

good luck.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Imaggie, I am surprised that Epson did not give your friend a replacement printer. It would have cost less for Epson to repair the printer and your friend would have been much happier.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Mine is unfortunately out of warranty :(

imaggie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I believe they would if she kept calling epson, but she was so tired of it, sometimes you just need to eat it :(
any luck so far?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I think I might have found the cause of my problem: the paper sensor black lever that was attached to a spring wasn't attached to the paper rotation rod and therefore it could not jump back to its native position, therefore making the sensor think there is still paper in the printer making it rotate like crazy. When I push this lever back to its native position, the printer behaves like normal and the error message was gone. For the time being, I have to push this lever back with my finger to tell the printer the paper is out of the printer and should stop rotating to prevent the printer becoming crazy.

Tomorrow I will try to re-attach the spring on this vital lever to solve this error, but I have to disassemble the printer to be able to get this done and I think this will be a tough job. So actually my problem can be traced back to a spring that's got detached from a paper sensor lever.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
yes, yes, yes: I did it, the special and tiny lever that should cover the light beam of the Paper Feed sensor was detached from the spring and I managed to fasten it again and the problem has gone !!! It was quite complicated how to get the printer disassembled even with the service manual.

So if you got this terrible message:

Service Call error 1224

Then mind the spring got detached from the Paper Feed sensor spring and should be fixed !!!

luxcam

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 3800 , epson 7800
yes, yes, yes: I did it, the special and tiny lever that should cover the light beam of the Paper Feed sensor was detached from the spring and I managed to fasten it again and the problem has gone !!! It was quite complicated how to get the printer disassembled even with the service manual.

So if you got this terrible message:

Service Call error 1224

Then mind the spring got detached from the Paper Feed sensor spring and should be fixed !!!

hello @pharmacist,

Are you taking about the release sensor ( 4.3.6.3 )as shown in the epson repair guide on page 127?

kind regards ,

luxcam

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi Luxcam,

I don't have the epson repair guide, so I cannot comment on it, but probably it is. Could you upload a picture of this page ?

Latest posts