German Durchstich refill method for Canon carts with pictures

Defcon2k

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I pierced the foam of my yellow cart 400x to test this. No problems so far.
I'm still using my first set of cartridges (which came with my printer 2 years ago) without problems, using the Durchstich method and Inktec ink (but I guess every quality ink will do).

boyzo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Defcon2k said:
I pierced the foam of my yellow cart 400x to test this. No problems so far.
I'm still using my first set of cartridges (which came with my printer 2 years ago) without problems, using the Durchstich method and Inktec ink (but I guess every quality ink will do).
Thanks Defcon
I watched your video and learned a few tricks

Cheers from John

dantheman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
After purged and let the cartridge dry for a whole week, I finally refilled the BGI-5BK today. I don't know this is good or bad. The sponge absorbs the ink very fast. Actually fast is an understatement. The sponge absorbs the ink immediately. I used a total of 27ml of ink and it seems that the ink tank can take another 2ml more. IS THIS NORMAL? I thought that this tank can only have 20ml of ink capacity. Is this cartridge damaged?

Again, thank you for your help.

Dan

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Dantheman,

The actual amount is about 27 ml, this is the right amount your cartridge can hold. 13 ml for the CLI-8 and 27 ml for the PGI-5Bk.

dantheman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks pharmacist, that make me feel much better now that I can go on and refill the rest of the CLI-8.

I notice a little amount of ink drip out the the vent hole. Is this normal?

Thanks,
Dan

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Dang it pharmacist.. you could have had this guy thinking he'd found the tardis ink cartridge!! Ooh the fun we could have had ;)

But... getting back on topic... The vent hole might get a bit of ink out of it if it's bubbled a little inky air out... If it's more than a little though you should probably worry.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
26 ml for the PGI-5 per Canon.

More does not always mean better in refilling - too much and it drips out.

fixup

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
This is how I got my long needles:

My local stores sell the Ink Station refilling kit. These bottles have long noses which are actually 50 mm long blunt needles, bended to an angle though. I carefully bend them back to straight and they become perfect for this purpose. If the needle is loose after you remove it from the bottle, just use a little A/B glue to seal and secure it.

mocars2

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
fixup said:
This is how I got my long needles:

My local stores sell the Ink Station refilling kit. These bottles have long noses which are actually 50 mm long blunt needles, bended to an angle though. I carefully bend them back to straight and they become perfect for this purpose. If the needle is loose after you remove it from the bottle, just use a little A/B glue to seal and secure it.
fixup - did you use the ink from the Ink Station refilling kit? If so, what printer/carts did you refill and what did you think of it.

Latest posts