Error Message U071

Stevevo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am getting an error message U071 which says more than one ink tank of the following color is installed. I can seem to get two or more refills into the same slot and it won't let me reset or I'm not doing it right. How can I reset this fault and keep printing? I have refilled all the carts and now it is saying that there is an error. It has given me the error about can't detect the level but they could be reset by holding the reset button for 5 seconds. Does anyone have a fix? Thank you.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I'm guessing you're referring to a Canon chipped printer... If so, chances are you've mixed up your chips and put two in that are of the same colour/type hence the error.

Easiest way to resolve this is to find out which cartridge(s) are clashing and replace one of them with a new cartridge of the type that doesn't clash.

I hit this problem myself when I acquired a set of empty carts that had had the chips removed and tried to use them with another set of carts... It wasn't until I got the chips on the right cartridges that anything worked.

bambakla

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
"It wasn't until I got the chips on the right cartridges that anything worked"
This means you have some UNIVERSAL CHIP that's working with no problems ??? or ???
Where did you get it this chip ? I would like to have too....