Epson Stylus SX415 All in One Printer

Flynne

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z WiFi
Sometime in May 2016 I updated my computer to Windows 10 64 bit from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

The upgrade was successful and everything worked well including our Epson stylus SX415 printer still using its original driver .
However much to my annoyance Microsoft decided to automatically update this driver together with other settings .
The printer still works (prints and scans ) but has lost some of its original settings . This printer used to have a quiet mode setting which I liked very much . The printer is now quite noisy and feeds paper rather sharply .
Is it possible to reinstall the original printer driver and discard the present one ?

Regards

Flynne

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
you could try and deinstall the current driver, download the driver(s) from the Epson website and reinstall that driver, you may have to download several files - for the printer and the scanner and whatever other printing/image editing software separately, and do not install an Epson driver updater which is part in most Epson suites.

Flynne

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z WiFi
Hello

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Luckily the original printer driver had not been deleted and I was able to set it up without any problems.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Flynne

Latest posts