Epson Stylus Photo 1390 & T60 Problems

Acap

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Photo 1390, T60
Hi all,

Having fun cleaning 6 years of waste ink from my Epson 1390....

IMG_20150427_145222.jpg

IMG_20150427_150000.jpg

IMG_20150427_145952.jpg

IMG_20150427_150506.jpg

After plugged in the power, this happens..(refer video below)....there's no power, no lights, there is only "slow pitch" beep sound.........power supply board faulty? or mainboard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENhd7HvgswA

How do i copy the EPP ROM from old main board if I bought a replacement board?....

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You may have simply put your printer back together incorrectly (Wrong connection) or one of the very small wires in the wiring loom could have been cut when you put the top cover back on, that does happen.

I love you beautiful mess, it would have been better had you washed the waste pads in the wash-hand basin (Faucet) and then re-fit an external waste ink tank also.

I reckon it’s time to remove the top cover and start checking all of the connections once again and visually check that no wires have been broken..

Acap

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thank you for your reply @The Hat......

I have installed the external waste ink tank to it before (DIY style, easy to take off and clean) just using small water bottle...

IMG_20150426_192410.jpg

I think I have triple checked everything and sure that everything is connected well and no wires cut.....

I think I have made a foolish mistake.....I have 2 print head, (which in 2008 I still kept the original after send the printer to the service centre and they've changed the head to new one....) cleaned both the print head and mistakenly installed the old one to the printer.....

and run the printer without keying in the Head ID input using the adjustment program..... :(:(:ep

So the Power supply board is damage? or main board ?

I plan to order both board from China, and how do I copy the old ROM settings and transfer to new board.....:caf

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I reckon the new logic board will come with the setting already installed.. :)

Acap

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
My Epson 1390
Update on the progress so far....

I have managed to order new logic board & power supply board....replaced it both with new one...the printer can be powered on no problems....

Tried running the Adjustment Software, wrote new Head Unit ID (which I replaced before), Initial setting & set new USB ID...

Do Test page print, but printing was "flipped" images.....with smear & blur.....

I tried Head Cleaning but suddenly it JAMMED halfway. The printer stops working and previous problems occurred AGAIN! (no power, slow pitch sound......) I did double check all cables * connectors are connected correctly.

So, the printer died again.....*sigh

May somebody shine a light and guide me what to do....I guess probably the new board & power supply board was faulty AGAIN?!

Does it need new print head?

Same goes to my Epson T60...
Ordered new logic board and replaced it....can switch on normally, but STOPS Working halfway thru test page print...(got some 'spark' sound when it dies, maybe some electroshock of the power supply board)

Can somebody give me a newbie guide on what to do AFTER I've replaced new logic board, power supply, and print head..for both printer?

What needs to be set in the adjustment program?

I've run CR Motor heat protection control (which select parts that I've replaced; Main Board, PS Assy...)

Really determine to put these two printer back to life again....Thanks!

IMG_20150519_204741.jpg

IMG_20150519_182309.jpg

Last edited:

Acap

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Anybody willing to give any advice to replace the main board, power supply board & printhead for Epson 1390 & T60 ?

I will be getting the replacement parts next week from official Epson original spare parts distributor....

What to set in Adj. Program once replacing all the parts...

Acap

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Just an update regarding the progress of reviving both of my printers.

I have successfully revived both printers after receive new parts from local official Epson spare parts distributor. Great!

One thing that I have found that the 1390 is controlled Epson items...they need to verify the printer serial number before proceed to order parts. This I found because of people in printing industry has modified this certain model to become Direct to Garment (DTG) and flatbed printers, resulting Epson to controlled this particular model spare-parts.

When I installed the new print heads for 1390, I couldn't able to key in the Head ID into Adj. Prog. It was saying the Head ID is invalid (although its the correct numbers). My guess is that Epson has already 'pre-set' the Print Head to tied in with the supplied mainboard. Heard some people saying that Epson has started to locked the firmware of latest released 'L" Series Printers, don't know whether its true or not.

But I just skipped the process, and after finished settings, the printer works really well.

Very happy with the results! Wohoo! :weeeReally worth all the learning journey.

T60 first test having gap lines, and corrected after running Head Angular Adjustment.

Print quality comparison T60 (Left) & 1390 (Right) - Almost identical

Print quality comparison T60 (Top) & 1390 (Bottom) - Almost identical

Now I'm thinking of using Pigment Inks with these printers. Does it able to just simply used different cartridges with Pigment (and interchangeable) each time based on what Inks needed for the output. (Dye @ Pigment).

Any long term harm or care advice for these printheads? Planning to print Photo Album on Art Paper using these printers.

Thank you PrinterKnowledge.com !