Epson Artisan 837 Printer error has occurred

Patric "Butch" Amarando

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Artisan 837
OK, I'm back. This problem is on a used Epson that I purchased from e-Bay, and initially it worked. A windows test page printed out with no problem.
I went to print out a picture, and it came out horrible. I performed a nozzle check and found that the cyan nozzle was missing from the test print out. So, I performed many nozzle checks and head cleaning until the cyan nozzle was back again. I printed out the same picture, and it came out great. Wonderful you say???
After power down, and let it rest for the night, I powered it up the next morning. Every time it powers up I get the error message "A printer error has occurred. Turn power off then on again. For details, see your documentation or Epson.com." Turning the power off then on again, several times does not solve the problem
It's my guess that the power on self-test is failing before it completes.
Epson websites states for this error:

Selected FAQ

Q:
What should I do if the message An Error Has Occurred appears on the Artisan's display screen?
A:
Please check the following:
  • If the CD tray is in the eject position, make sure you press the CD Tray button to retract the tray to the storage position. Never push or pull the CD tray into position.
  • Turn the Artisan off and make sure paper is not jammed inside the unit.
  • Make sure the transportation lock has been removed.
None of the above mentioned situations are happening. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Patric "Butch" Amarando