Does the print head of the Pro9000 fit the Pro9000 Mark II?

PeterPenguin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 9000, Epson 2200
Does the print head of the Pro9000 fit the Pro9000 Mark II?

I posted a noise question the other day - but now my Canon Pixma Pro9000 has totally stopped printing. It sounds normal, only nothing comes out. Even after repeated soakings with Windex - nothing. Finally I had an old print head that I switched out and even then NOTHING comes out. Even with repeated cleanings, etc. Just barely a mark. 2 days ago it printed fine... so there was no gradual fade out. The carts half full.

I suspect it might have something to do with the level of the paper and the roller or something, but I'm not inclined to take it all apart. I've tried changing the door setting upteen times - tried running paper through the back (which wouldn't work).

Anyhow, I found a Pixma Pro9000 MarkII on sale and thought I'd buy it. I wonder if my plain Pro9000 print heads will fit the same in it though.

Thanks!

PeterPenguin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pixma Pro 9000, Epson 2200
Thanks! Since I have 2 heads for my first Pixma Pro9000, then this will be just what I need for possible spare parts in the future. But in the meantime I'll just get this new machine going and fix the old one when I have a spare 3 days to take it all apart. I always wonder with all that clacking sound it makes whether a bearing or plastic washer isn't getting worn out. I found it amazing how much 'abuse' I could give the print heads by way of cleaning them with windex, ammonia and water and canned air and they still would come back like brand new.

So I guess I'm devoted to the Canon brand - especially with the sponge cart that works so well. I made my own flusher with a turkey baster and bit of rubber tube the right size.