Damper for CISS Canon iP8500, necessary??

Gerard_Dirks

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello

A couple weeks ago I bought a Canon PIXMA 9500 MKii. After a lot of research I decided not to try CISS with this 9500, to many not solved problem (e.g. airflow, ARC etc.)

Therefore I decided to try the CISS for my old Canon PIXMA iP8500 for Bulk Printing and not Art Fine Printing. I already ordered an CISS System. These Cartridges contains a sponge as the normal BCI-6 cartridge. Now my question? Is it worth to order also a bundle of 8 damper to compensate the airflow.

Is there a user who has already experience with an CISS on an iP8500?

Can someone give me a link where the working of these dampers is explained? I found a lot info but it contains only information how to install it but nothing about the functionality.

Regards
Grard

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Usually the dampers regulate airflow pressure to the head, are they real dampers or just carts that supposedly are dampers it's hard to say.

Keep in mind that many have problems with springs that rust inside dampers, they should be stainless steel but instead they use whatever they have at hand (chinese).

So I would use quality CIS that goes as a pack, or regular carts instead of dampers.
That said I would never use CIS on canon, if Russians can't make it work I will not waste my time too.

Search for bursten nano carts, they fit on new models, supposedly have an air filter and not made in china, but made in russia. A bit expensive too.

Last edited: