cyan is striping but I don't think it's the print head.

JoansGarden

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP5000
Hi, my first post here. I have a Canon Pixma iP5000 which I really like, but recently the cyan started printing in dark and light stripes across anything that had color.

I've cleaned the print head several times but that has not helped.

Then I read a post that suggested printing on high quality, and that does appear to have got rid of the problem, but why? That's my question. Does it mean there is a fault in the electronics? Does it mean my printer is doomed? I thought about buying a new print head but obviously that's not worth it if the print head is not the problem.

I've been looking at new printers but can't find one that has the features of the iP5000. It prints good photos, good docs, and has auto 2-sided printing (which I use a lot). Now that I need to buy more ink I need to make some kind of a decision on this.

Thanks for any input....

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@JoansGarden, what you describe sounds like the cyan nozzles have failed, but without seeing a nozzle check, it is a pure guess, so could you upload a nozzle print please.

The iP5000 is an excellent printer and you’ll find it impossible to get a replacement to match it, and I reckon you’d be mad not to get a new head for it.

With no chips to worry about and easy to refill CLI-8 carts it’s a no brainer to keep this little beauty working for as long as you can, a new head is only £27 in the UK and in Melbourne it’s probably similarly priced, so grab it with both hands...

http://www.crc-tasktron.co.uk/index...odsearch--string=Canon+Pixma+iP5000&SUBMIT=Go

JoansGarden

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP5000
You do realize that on that link the print heads are all 'no longer available'.
I did run a nozzle test and it's actually getting worse after the cleaning so I've given up and have ordered a print head. The cheapest I could find though was US$60 and is shipping from China (of course). Couldn't find anything from the UK under US $100. And all of these are reconditioned. None are new. Canon no longer has them.

Latest posts