Control of Thread Content

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Recent experiences by @soberprinter and others, suggest that there is a case for allowing the thread's author the control to delete intrusive posting where continuity of posts is important.

Where as many threads are trivial and suffer little from intrusive content, some are the source of excellent guidance and know-how from which much long term benefit will be obtained.

Considerable work is entailed in the generation of these threads, and there is unfortunately a minority of members that never make beneficial contributions, but seem to delight in disrupting, diverting or criticising the hard work of those that do.

As some would say that is all part of this type of website. But if that is to be the case, much will be lost.

Last edited:

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Posting different views never hurts as long as they are related. You never know when you might miss an eye opener etc. That said, I hope @soberprinter reconsiders and does not leave.

But I will not agree that my:
Post 9 - about alternative easy to use port wizard based install
Post 12 - sharing resources and asking for suggestions
Post 14 - about FREE alternative software to read targets
Post 15 - related converter for post 14
And my post 18 - where I shares my experience

Is insulting, bad attitude or anything close to it.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
Wow!! again...

I'm sure there are ways to do what you propose, @Emulator , without the need to modify anything on this forum. Like a blog page with all the interaction tools turned off (comments, likes, etc) where one can rant with noone interrupting him/her.. Maybe https://wordpress.com/ ... Then just post a link to that page in a new thread and ignore the following posts. Just saying...

[rant]To any God-like being that is willing to listen:
When you come to a forum such as PK and post something it's 99.99% sure you will get at least one reply. You may not like it, it may not help you, it may be on a totally different subject, BUT you should know that this is a possibility. You can't enter a community ( yes, I think PK is a community, it's not a small thing to reach this stage) and demand that all the rules should change according to your values, and everybody should think as you do, and that you should be recognized as a ultimate authority in a specific field (or all) and everybody should shut up and fall in adulation of your magnificent being.[/rant]

I don't think @soberprinter fits the above description, that's why I asked that he continued in that thread and in this forum.

I appreciate everyone's contribution to this community ( Thank you! btw) and don't want any God-like beings to pollute what we managed to build here.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
@soberprint
I also am in hopes you will reconsider, we are from many cultures, all from different families who communicate in different styles.
Also being individuals, each person reads each post, and is motivated by different insights of your theme. IS THAT NOT A GOOD THING? that your posted information is creating not only learning, but also INSPIRING, tangent THINKING. We each bring to this table a vast array of tips, tricks, workaround ideas and at times use seemingly disconnect words to try to share.
If we were sitting face to face at this table many of the threads would progress differently because a person can see and read the body language of the speaker........you could then easily say to a person that what they are saying will take YOU away from the straight line that YOU want to stay on, and they would understand better, you could even agree to deal with a side issue later with just a word or two without disrupting the flow of your thinking.

You do not post a lot, but when you do it is very good to read and adds much value to this unique forum.

PLEASE CONTINUE TO POST, PLEASE........

Cheers

Andrew

Last edited:

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I must have missed reading the thread or threads about which the above concerns are expressed. I think, however, that this is a pretty good time to state the following:

All threads are, essentially interactive. They sometimes may veer from topic to topic, but that is the nature of such forums. This forum welcomes differences of opinion, expressed in a friendly manner. We are here to learn from each other and enjoy participating. It is a moderated forum that discourages rude or antagonistic responses. Such responses are sometimes removed from a thread if it doesn't disrupt the flow of good information. Individuals who disrupt, attack, or respond rudely, can be banned from further participation.

I have noticed some recent posts that have been pretty "testy". This forum is not the place for defensiveness, attack, and counter-attack. I have been on other forums that were literally torn apart by such behavior. Our moderators are intent on not letting that happen here.

Latest posts