Cityinkexpress anyone used them?

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
A friend has just bought an HP officejetpro printer which had a nice cash back offer running here in the UK. It takes the 950 and 951 cartridges, like all of us he wants to refill but wants an easy solution and has come to me for opinions on this product....
http://www.cityinkexpress.co.uk/che...t-pro-series/refillable/pigment-ink/multipack

Ive google'd around and youtube'd a bit and those type of carts seem to work fine but ive never used the company concerned, so has anyone ever used cityinkexpress? I dont want to recommend he go ahead with a purchase and it go badly.

Similarly if anyone else knows of a reliable (IE who you have used) company which sells refillable 950 and 951 carts for HPs please chip in. Please no random ebay links and please UK only. I have had a quick look around and those model of carts seem few and far between in the UK.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I used that company a few times for Epson inks, their turn around time was pretty quick.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have used cityinkexpress services in the past for inks and a half dozen CISS Units I’d bought and had no problems with any of their products, in fact I still use some of their ink nine years on, and it still works fine.

So yes I can recommend them as reliable and trust worthy but they don’t carry a big range of products especially for anyone that refills a lot..

nikolaj_sofus

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson xp-850
I recently purchased refill cartridges and fotorite pigment ink from them.
Had it for about 2 weeks now and no problem with clogged nozzles.
Colors seem ok with the black being as black as can be.
However, there seems to be a red/ppurple cast, especially to skin tones.
I've ordered a4 photo paper of the type i wish to use and when i arrives i make colour charts and have profiles made for permajet oyster and gloss.
I can share my conclusion to how colours are as soon as i get the icc profiles.

For delivery and communication i have nothing to remark. Everything went fast with delivery to Denmark

chigwells

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Had: Canon iP5200 (died)
I got in touch with Marrutt UK to by Lyson refillable cartridges, and they redirected me to CityInkExpress. After purchase, I got in touch with them numerous times and they were always very forthcoming with tech support.

Also, I messed up one of my refillable cartridges, and they sent me out a new one straight away.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Thanks again for the further responses, have not seen the friend concerned for a few weeks but i imagine by now he has placed an order. Always nice to hear positive experiences of companies.