Changing one-way valve in a two way valve of Epson carts for Pro 3800

Harry Briels

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
EPSON Pro 3880 & Canon MX925
I decided to use a set of refill cartridges with RCA for my Pro 3800 with IRK4 nano pigment ink. Everything went well, but then the magenta cartridge was not accepted by the 3800, because the cover-chip malfunctioned.
I then decided to use the method developed by José Rodriguez (jtoolman) for modifying the one-way valve of the Epson OEM cart, into a "two-way" valve.
Following his instructions it was really easy and fast!
However filling the cart posed a problem because the syringe needle when pushing open the plunger, cut off ink flow. By using my new "Octopus Qu-Fill Profi refill" this problem was solved positively because this device has a side opening through which ink can flow while pushing open the plunger.
I primed the filled cartridge by attaching a plastic tube to the air pressure connection and with a syringe exert pressure while keeping open the exit valve by pushing the plunger down. When ink started flowing I assumed that all air would be removed out of the bag in the cartridge.
I reattached the chip to the OEM cart by using two way tape to make sure the chip would not be pushed off when inserting in the printer.
To my joy, and especially thanking Joe, the cartridge was accepted by the Pro 3800