Canon service tool version 5510 or higher

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
As long as Canon doesn't discontinues the whole MB/IB Maxify series, new genuine printheads will be easily available at least for a couple of years. On the other part, you're right.. better safe than sorry. In fact, I've been considering to get one or two printheads, because the yellow nozzles of my printer started playing tricks. No way to get a good nozzle check on any of the two yellow stripes. Regular or deep cleanings don't do anything and I'm not keen on removing the printhead to soak it on cleaning solution unless I have a spare at hand.
The ironic fact is that the troublesome yellow cart has seen only OEM ink. Instead, I use Inktec for the black cartridge and I never had any problem with it.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The ironic fact is that the troublesome yellow cart has seen only OEM ink. Instead, I use Inktec for the black cartridge and I never had any problem with it.
I replaced the head in my Maxify because it had a tiny problem in the black nozzle, which meant I had to print everything in high mode, so the new head cured that, but I seen a Canon special offer on a MB2750 for less than the price of a new head and jumped at it..

Now I got a brand new Maxify in its box on the floor.. Feck the furture..

VpnFaster

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon TS9120
Canon Service tool v.5510