Canon Service Tool instructions !...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
This just might come in handy for someone who’s considering an Ink Absorber Reset...
Service Mode & Tools.png

Joke

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP620
Hi, first I will introduce myself. I am Jo Housmans from The Netherlands, and I am allready retired for several years. So I am pretty old for most of you, but I am still going strong. May be you have noticed my 'name' is a little bit strange: Joke. In English, you are right. But it is no joke. My 'name' is the diminutive of my real first name, which is Jo (in Dutch. The English synonym is Joe). So you can call me Joe, if you want.
Since a few days I have troubles with my printer, a Canon Pixma MP 620. It gives me all the time I try to print out somthing, the error B200. Whatever I tried to fix the problem, including all suggestions on the internet, it did not work. I cleaned the printer head also, and after that two cartridges are 'not recognized' by the printer. The cartridges I use are not from Canon, but they are compatible and everything worked well so far. So I was a little bit at the end of my long-suffering. But then I found your Canon Service Tool Instructions app, and I started to get some new hope. But......I did not succeed in downloading the app. I tried it several times, but id get it downloaded.
Please can you tell me what to do to download your app, so I could give it a try?

Kind regards,
Jo(e) Housmans

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
You find a download link for the service tool v3400 and an instruction for download in this post. The link still works and AVG Internet security found nothing wrong in the download.

The service manual is very useful when doing service mode operations on a printer. You find two links to the MP620 service manual in this post. Downloads from both links are clean.

Sadly the B200 error means print head kaput. The service manual states that both the print head and the logic board should be replaced.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi Joe and welcome, the B200 error usually means an overheated print head and that error is mighty hard to get rid of, what it’s telling you is to buy a new print head.

Have you got an old print head or can you get one because you’ll need one to reset that error that is the best way of testing to see if in fact you own print head is faulty. or not.

A new print head can be purchased on the site below and the part number is QY6-0073-000,and if you still want the use of the service tool, then I will PM it to you..

http://www.crc-tasktron.co.uk/index...p&ecom--prodsearch--string=qy6-0073&SUBMIT=Go

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Bear in mind that Canon retire printheads at set intervals so it's worth buying replacements sooner rather than later...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Bear in mind that Canon retire printheads at set intervals so it's worth buying replacements sooner rather than later...
I have been told by Canon the period of manufacture for a specific print head is 5 years from its introduction to the marketplace.

abesin abdullahi

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon ip7240
hello i have isued on my printer canon ip7240, support code: 5b00

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
You need a service tool of at least version 4720 to do the reset. The use of an older service tool like v3400 will cause loss of access to service mode. You might be lucky and find a free download of v4720 or else I recommend buying v5204 from Ebay. Beware of malware. It might be a false positive but I recommend using an old dedicated computer or just a spare harddisk for the service tool.

See this thread about the same problem as yours. Sadly the link to the free download of service tool v4720 doesn't work any more. Also see this and this,

BTW the service tool does not make the ink in the absorbers go away. Some say you can get away with resetting the counter just once, others say you risk a nasty ink spill when the absorbers overflow. If you don't replace or clean and dry the absorbers it might be a good idea to place the printer on some kind of tray to contain leaked ink.