Canon Pro 100 Difficulties

robotclaws

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 100
Good morning,

A few months ago, after switching my ink over to Precision Colors, I started having difficulties with what I think must be clogged nozzles. I have attempted to use the Clean and Deep Clean functions, but all attempts have been unsuccessful. Yesterday, I removed the print head and cleaned the top and bottom of the nozzles with original Windex with Ammonia. I sprayed each inlet nozzle until it was running clear and then flushed well with warm water. After drying the head thoroughly, I inserted it back into the printer, loaded the cartridges, and printed another nozzle check. The nozzle check is identical to the one done before the Windex cleaning. All cartridges are replacement cartidges from PC and are using 100% PC ink.

I have uploaded a scan of the nozzle check. I'm not sure why its such a poor scan, but the problem area seems to be in the Magenta bar, the black vertical bars, and the black text at the bottom. The other colors are solid and uniform. Is there any advice that the members here can give me? Should I perform a 24 hour soak in Windex? I believe that I still have about two weeks left on my Canon warranty if I need to request a new print head. Since noticing the problem, I have not printed any photos, only nozzle checks.

Thanks for any help!

IMG_20140805_0009_NEW copy.jpg
IMG_20140805_0009_NEW copy.jpg

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
A straight line deficit like this is probably not a clog but a malfunction, most likely of the print head.

Call Canon Tech Support. Inform them of the deficits and that you tried cleanings and deep cleanings. At this point, do not print anything else unless requested by Canon.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If you still have the printer under warrantee then go for it, stick to Canon and see what they say, but remember to lie like hell, If they ask you, tell them that you only ever use their cartridges in the printer.

Don’t mention anything about refilling..;)

Please report back..

robotclaws

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro 100
Thanks to both of you for the good advice. I contacted Canon technical support and they are going to send me a new print head. The representative asked me to read the top label of the cartridge (mine is a CLI-8 from PC instead of the CLI-42 that is normally used), so it took some quick googling and creative stalling until I was able to find a picture of the cartridge to read off to him. Smooth sailing after that! Hopefully the new print head will get me back up and running.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Getting back to the original Post.
I need to tell you that without having even looked at the Image of the nozzle check I KNEW it was your Magenta channel.
If you want to discuss why I knew, please PM me.

Joe

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Getting back to the original Post.
I need to tell you that without having even looked at the Image of the nozzle check I KNEW it was your Magenta channel.
If you want to discuss why I knew, please PM me.

Joe
Please, share with us!!

Bithead

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My magenta has started to show missing nozzles like the above nozzle check and no amount of cleaning/soaking with windex shows any improvement. A call to Canon tech support is in the works.

Is this a print head failure? It appears to be.

JTOOLMAN - you stated "
If you want to discuss why I knew, please PM me."

How did you know?

Thanks

Latest posts