Canon Pixma IP3000 does not print - Help

volfonis

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello,

I am writing to you cos i can't find any answer on internet. I am french and have not found anything on french forum.

My printer stop printing all of a sudden , in a middle of a page. No warning , no led flashing, nothing.
If I try to print a test page, it takes the paper, do the print job but nothing appears on the page ???? blank !!!!

what's going on?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
volfonis My printer stop printing all of a sudden
Firstly dont print anything except a nozzle check till you get the problem solved.
There could be any number of things that would have caused this to happen.

Please give some more information and history leading up to your print failure and
Have you tried to do any print head cleaning at all or do you know how too.

Its a bit usual to have all four colours stop at the same time without any visual warning.
Was it working ok the last time you printed something and when was that, yesterday, last week, a month ago when ?

Before this happened were there other pages that had any print missing at all, please check.
Do you use original Canon cartridges and inks, use compatibles cartridges or do you refill them..

volfonis

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Woah, that's a lot of questions, but it's great to have finaly somebody reply to you :)

The failure date from about 2 weeks. I was printing somthing and in the middle of the document, I got half of a page printed and the remaining pages blank. No led blinked or else. On the preceding pages there was no probleme on page got printed, : no missing print at all !!!!

Since then I have tried "head cleaning procedure", "aligning heads", etc.. all maintening procedure on the drivers more than 1 time, may be 5 to 10 times.
I did not try to print anything else than "test page", everything comes out "blank page".

I use compatible cartridges they are all 4 half empty.

Thank you for your help

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
You thought the above was a lot of questions????? ;)

First things first ... can you update your profile with model of printer(s), your location. Other refilling-related information about what kind of ink, kind of cartridge (oem or compatible), method of refilling, etc. are helpful for people here to better assist you.

"Help us to help you."

[Edit] "game of 20 questions" removed[/Edit]

volfonis

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
OK, THAT's a LOT of Questions :)
I don't have access to the printer right now cos I am @ work but i will check tonite all this.

But first, what exactly is the nozzle. I may sound a little stupid, but i am not english.
If I had to take a picture i need to make sure of what it is.

As far as the others questions:
- Ordinary paper , quality standard, in A4 (european standards)
I usually print only document with image and text from internet, rarely picture alone, never on glossy paper, mostly text
- what is oem cartridge?
- printer is more than 5 years old. Never had a problem with it, except this one.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
1 After cleaning cycle there should be fresh ink at the nozzles (the golden plate on the bottom of the printhead), put the printhead on a paper towel to check if ink is coming out.
2 Check out the purging unit: put some drops of water on the plate where the printhead is parking, see if it disappears after cleaning cycle.

Worst case: a defective mainboard in the printer (sometimes caused by a defective printhead)