• Some setting need to be fixed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mariya atanasova

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX922
Hi! My name is Mariya. I am currently a student. I needed a good printer for school so i bought Canon MX922. I was happy one year and after that it started printing double characters or like one word and then the same word reprinted right after the first letter. I clean and wash thoroughly the print head. I did numerous deep cleanings and simple cleaning (maybe 29 times). My PGBK looks weird. I will provide you with my latest print outs. Please help me. It is a brand new printer and i have one more semester at school.

Attachments

• DSC06625.JPG
    DSC06625.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 2,267
  • DSC06626.JPG
    DSC06626.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 2,058
  • DSC06627.JPG
    DSC06627.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 2,260
  • DSC06628.JPG
    DSC06628.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 2,039
  • DSC06629.JPG
    DSC06629.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,961
  • DSC06630.JPG
    DSC06630.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 2,352
  • DSC06631.JPG
    DSC06631.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 2,089
Last edited:

mariya atanasova

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX922
The images are horrible. I will scan them if necessary .

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi @mariya atanasova and welcome, the poll above suggests you’re all at sea with your printer and don’t know where to turn next, so the first thing you need to do is Nothing, stop all of the quick fixes because you’re liable to kill the printer faster and waste all of your ink that way.

What type of cartridges are you using because that can tell a lot about the behavior of your printer, and how it actually preforms, and when did you first notice the poor images, did this happen after a new cartridge was installed.

The problem area seems to be with the pigment black only, which is out of alignment with the rest of the other colours, like there is something knocking or rubbing against the print head carriage as it travels back and forth, did the printer have a fall or get bumped somehow ?

Now not knowing exactly what is actually causing the problem I would suggest you first clean the timing strip on the printer, it is a little plastic strip that runs behind the print head, it can be clean with a small cloth (Both sides) soaked in alcohol or Windex (Window Cleaner), pull the power plug after you have raised the top cover for easy access.

upload_2015-8-3_11-56-45.png

When you have cleaned this strip power on the printer then run another nozzle print and check it against the previous one shown here, hopefully there will be a big improvement but it may need a second clean to be sure, also run a head alignment again to finish..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Is the problem getting worse or has the same issue remained stable once it appeared?

One defect that I see is that alternating lines of text in image #3 are gibberish. Your print head can print bidirectionally, ie both ways across the page. Could this be a problem with print head travel in that one direction?

- Make sure print head is snugly seated in the carriage and locked down.
- Make sure all gold electrical contacts on the print head and printer are clean and clear of ink and oxidation (discoloring). Use lint free cloth and Isopropyl alcohol or a soft pencil eraser to clean if needed.

Another possible defect is the Pigment Black portion of the nozzle check. The central area seems blurry. I would need to see a brighter, clearer image to say more.

I take it that the last image is a print head alignment? I am unable to see it well enough to comment even if I did know what your printer's print head alignment should look like.

The rest of the images are not clear enough for me to comment on.

If nothing we suggest seems to work then I would uninstall the printer and all the software, reboot and then reinstall the printer and software.

It could be a malfunction of the printer that is unfixable. Time will tell.

mariya atanasova

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX922
Hi @mariya atanasova and welcome, the poll above suggests you’re all at sea with your printer and don’t know where to turn next, so the first thing you need to do is Nothing, stop all of the quick fixes because you’re liable to kill the printer faster and waste all of your ink that way.

What type of cartridges are you using because that can tell a lot about the behavior of your printer, and how it actually preforms, and when did you first notice the poor images, did this happen after a new cartridge was installed.

The problem area seems to be with the pigment black only, which is out of alignment with the rest of the other colours, like there is something knocking or rubbing against the print head carriage as it travels back and forth, did the printer have a fall or get bumped somehow ?

Now not knowing exactly what is actually causing the problem I would suggest you first clean the timing strip on the printer, it is a little plastic strip that runs behind the print head, it can be clean with a small cloth (Both sides) soaked in alcohol or Windex (Window Cleaner), pull the power plug after you have raised the top cover for easy access.

View attachment 3160

When you have cleaned this strip power on the printer then run another nozzle print and check it against the previous one shown here, hopefully there will be a big improvement but it may need a second clean to be sure, also run a head alignment again to finish..

mariya atanasova

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX922
Hi, Hat! Thank you for your reply. I don't use original or branded ink because they are very expensive. I usually buy the ink for cheaper from Amazaon, because i print a lot when i am at school.I think the problem started a year ago but it was not so bad-the papers were readable. I think it worsens after paper jam that i don't know how long was that in my printer. Also, when i bought it for 6 months i just changed the ink without realigning the head or cleaning the nozzles (my mistake). I cleaned that strip numerous times and only worked when i cleaned it first but i cleaned it only from one side because it is very uncomfortable to go the other side. I am going to try know. Also, as you mentioned my only problem is PGBK printhead everything else works perfectly. When i print under the option image (advance set up) -the print is pretty much (not perfect) clear.

mariya atanasova

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX922
Is the problem getting worse or has the same issue remained stable once it appeared?

One defect that I see is that alternating lines of text in image #3 are gibberish. Your print head can print bidirectionally, ie both ways across the page. Could this be a problem with print head travel in that one direction?

- Make sure all gold electrical contacts on the print head and printer are clean and clear of ink and oxidation (discoloring). Use lint free cloth and Isopropyl alcohol or a soft pencil eraser to clean if needed.

Another possible defect is the Pigment Black portion of the nozzle check. The central area seems blurry. I would need to see a brighter, clearer image to say more.

I take it that the last image is a print head alignment? I am unable to see it well enough to comment even if I did know what your printer's print head alignment should look like.

If nothing we suggest seems to work then I would uninstall the printer and all the software, reboot and then reinstall the printer and software.

mariya atanasova

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX922
Hi! I reinstall software and drivers maybe two times already-it did not work. If you need more clear image i would scan it if that is the problem (i am the worst picture-taker).I cleaned the head very well last night-no change. I have been reading online forums for whole week and trying to fix but nothing worked. Thanks for you help.

mariya atanasova

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX922

mariya atanasova

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX922
This a clear image of last nozzle check.

Attachments

• Scan.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,503

Latest posts