Canon Mp600r Error 6000

fixit40

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
mp600r
Hi i need some help i was given this printer because the black was not working well,any way it was due to the filter being caked with ink, so i have stripped the printer down cleaned it up, putting it back together has been tricky, im at the stage were i turn it on and i get an error message 6000 i think its a timming issue,or the logic board ass'y, the is a 3 white conection on the first board that links to the main board, but there i 1 i dont no what con ects to it, i have searched the internet for diagrams ect with no luck, so im hopping i can get some help here,as it would be very much apreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990

fixit40

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
mp600r
You find a service manual for the Canon MP600 (without the "R") here: http://elektrotanya.com/canon_mp600_sm.pdf/download.html

See this instruction before downloading files from electrotanya: http://www.printerknowledge.com/thr...-post-them-here-sticky.5071/page-9#post-36684

Often the "R" suffix to the model number of an older Canon printer means that it is a network version of a basis model printer, so I guess the manual will be useful.
Hi thanks, i should of said that i did get a service manual but it was not that good, i have been trying to get the parts manual which has broken up diagrams of parts. that link isnt workinfor me.

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Peterbj,...the 6000 error code for the MP600 is a line feed error code,..which is telling you that when the printer issued a line feed command the printer either went too far or not enough. The line feed timing disk on the inside left of the main drive shaft probably has some dirty, ink, or grease on the disk,..or it may have come off the shaft. There are all kinds of parts associated with that line feed sensor that can go wrong. To get at the disk you need to disassemble the printer but you may not have to take the main chassis out of the base. You should be able to clean the disk or find the problem by getting the internal cover off. On page 27 of the Service Manual the bottom picture shows the left side of the printer with the internal covers removed so you can easily see the timing disk and the photosensor pair. If you want a close up picture I have a much better shot I took of the MP510 which is the same for that end of the printer,...just send me an email.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I have experienced the error 6000 on a Pixma 6600D. Cleaning the timing disk and the optical reader with a soft tissue paper moistened with a window cleaner with ammonia solved the problem.

Here is a thread also about timing disk problems. In this case the problems were caused by one of the ink absorbers having shifted its position and was staining the timing disk: http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/i9900-strange-behavior.8182/

Trigger 37, could you upload the detailed photo to this thread instead of mailing it to me? Details showing the optical reader would be interesting.

fixit40, if your printer is able to power on and give an error message about timing errors, I think you have assembled the wiring correctly.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
fixit40, I'm not quite sure how to understand your post, but do you have a connector with 3 wires left unconnected? This could be from the timing disk optical sensor. If this sensor is not connected, it could lead to the 6000 error.

The MP600 uses the iP5200 as print engine, I think, as the print heads are the same. You find a parts catalogue for the iP5200 here: http://www.arbikas.com/view/locator/PIXMA_IP5200.pdf . See page B-19. It shows the optical reader with what looks to be three wires. In the iP5200 the 3 pin connector goes to CN401 on the logic board. But your printer is an all-in-one, so the logic board is different and probably also the connector numbering. The length of the wiring should give a clue to where it should connect.

fixit40

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
mp600r
Thanks very much for the advice, and the parts manual, ill let you no if i get the yhing sorted out, i got it given to me as the black ink was not working, so i stripped it down to find it was clogged up with black ink, so now ive cleaned it getting it back to gether and working has turned out to be challenging, but il get there some day!!! ;-)
Sorted 1 problem it was the wiring, now the purge unit is playing up, ERROE 5010 AND Possible error 6aoo. What a challenging machine !!!

Last edited: