Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Burtonclay

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG8150
Canon MG8150 keeps printing same photo. I've eliminated computer problem. Did a total recovery on desktop. Tried from another computer, a laptop. Still always prints same photo no matter what I send. Both computers Window 7 Home Pemium OS. Preview shows photo I want to print, but it prints the same one as before, not the one I asked it to. Used 3 different programs. Picasa, Canon Easyprint, Windows Explorer. Updated drivers. Uninstalled and re installed printer. Tried re booting by unplugging power and USB cable. Tried printing from top and bottom tray. Same result. It will scan and print ok and if I send a text document, it prints it. Problem is only when trying to print photos.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@John Burtonclay, you certainly have an unusual problem that has not been reported here before, and the only thing I reckon you can do is send it back to Canon if it is still under guarantee, the internal software may have gotten corrupted somehow.

Your problem seems to be a Media setting issue rather than anything else, try another photo and this time print using the plain paper setting instead of photo paper setting to see if it will print the correct photo..

If you printer is out of warrantee you could try doing a factory reset in Service mode as a last resort..

John Burtonclay

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG8150
@John Burtonclay, you certainly have an unusual problem that has not been reported here before, and the only thing I reckon you can do is send it back to Canon if it is still under guarantee, the internal software may have gotten corrupted somehow.

Your problem seems to be a Media setting issue rather than anything else, try another photo and this time print using the plain paper setting instead of photo paper setting to see if it will print the correct photo..

If you printer is out of warrantee you could try doing a factory reset in Service mode as a last resort..
Thanks for answering. The printer is out of warranty, but it's had very little use. Probably only printed less than 100 A4 . I only use it for photos because old faithful HP won't load photo paper, but does everything else a lot cheaper than the Canon.. I've contacted Canon, but they haven't come up with a solution. Tell me they've referred it to the tech heads. Not getting anywhere with them. Been trying for 3 weeks, but they keep going over the same ground. Getting me to do what I've already done. Latest pearl of wisdom was try printing a photo. Lucky I'm patient. I have tried plain paper from both trays. I usually print a 10 x 15 to save ink. Still prints same photo. I carefully check all the settings before printing. Can you tell me, or provide a link with instructions to get into service mode? How do I do a factory reset? Canon site is useless. Hp explain everything in great detail. Only thing I got from Canon site was a repair tool that said everything fine. It was wrong.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@John Burtonclay, I am sorry that the memory is still jammed up with the same old data, I have heard that there is a way to clear the printer memory by holding in the Power button but for how long I can’t remember, so not to be tried without strict instructions.

If you PM me I will explain how to enter Service Mode and give you a Service tool to work with..

John Burtonclay

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG8150
@John Burtonclay, I am sorry that the memory is still jammed up with the same old data, I have heard that there is a way to clear the printer memory by holding in the Power button but for how long I can’t remember, so not to be tried without strict instructions.

If you PM me I will explain how to enter Service Mode and give you a Service tool to work with..
I don't know what PM is. I'm new to this site. I would appreciate it if you could send me a link to the service tool. I read about holding the power button down somewhere, but the list of models didn't include MG8150. Thanks again for helping. Canon are useless. Told me to take it to authorized service centre. They provided 3 agents I could use, but the nearest one is 80 miles away. No use to me. I'm not happy. This printer is almost new so far as amount of use goes. Do you know if the chips on the ink cartridges have anything to do with what gets printed? Reason I ask is that this problem started after I replaced 3 of them. Same brand as before. Not genuine Canon, but never had any trouble with them previously.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Try printing a photo from a memory card plugged into the printer...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@John Burtonclay, To use the PM, it is just another way of saying Conversation, so here’s how it's done.
Click on the Name under Avatar of the guy you want to PM and then click on Conversation to start Private Mail, or point to the word Box on the top right of the tool bar.

John.png

box.png

Pentode

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750 and ML3050
How about printing a test page from the printers GUI?

You said you unpowered..... could I ask was this the printer, did you leave it unpowered for about 5 minutes to be sure? If not I would give it a try.
I guess the internal ram isn't being erased... you sent a piccy to the printer and it's stored in the printers RAM.

A reset *might* do the trick BUT you'll be re-setting all the other parameters as well such as ink waste pad counter, if it should be a logic board fault then it's not going to improve any because with a full reset you MIGHT end up with a big pool of waste ink under the printer.

Dave

Latest posts