Canon MG 7150 or something else

Andrei

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP C3180
I am new on this forum and i want to buy a Canon printer. I will use it to print 150 dvds/year, 100 A4 photos, ~ 1500 text pages/year. I want to refill the Oem cartridges or to buy compatible cartridges. What type do you recommend me and what is the best method to save money on ink? I am thinking to buy Canon MG7150. I saw that it uses the new Canon PGI-550 and CLI-551 printer cartridges.

Thombar

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100, Canon MX922
Andrei: I just got a Canon Pixma Pro 100 and absolutely love it. It's huge but sure does some beautiful pictures and should cover all your requests. Get my ink from Precision Colors. I got mine for $400 with paper (13x19) and a $300 rebate from Canon. The sale ended yesterday :thbut they may run another one if you can wait. :woot

Andrei

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP C3180
Thank you for advice, Thombar, but i want something smaller and i don’t print A3+. I just want to print dvds, text and photos. I forgot to say that i want something with scanner, i want an all-in-one. I wanted to buy an Epson L800 with ciss for printing, but it’s big, it doesn’t have scanner or wi-fi.

G

gailkeys

Hi Andrei,

I would like to suggest you HP photosmart all in one.This will have low price and high quality than other brands.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Thank you for advice, Thombar, but i want something smaller and i don’t print A3+. I just want to print dvds, text and photos. I forgot to say that i want something with scanner, i want an all-in-one. I wanted to buy an Epson L800 with ciss for printing, but it’s big, it doesn’t have scanner or wi-fi.

Indeed, the "PRO" line of printers is made for high quality photo prints only.
They are too slow and consume too much ink for office work.
No paper trays, double-side printing, scan/copy etc either.

There are many all-in-ones who are cheap to buy (and refill) for daily work.
You can print very decent photos too.