Canon Ix4000 5c00 Error

emmaachile

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Please can someone actually give a clear answer to resolving this problem. I have checked other recommended solutions all to no avail.
The printhead stays in the middle of the printer and does not light the cartridges and every function seem to be disabled. The lights blinks four times intermittently between orange and green lights.
The printer was bought in March 2011, so the issue of the end of life seem not applicable.
What do i do?
Get a new printhead, logic board assy or purge unit?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Should be under guarantee right?

emmaachile

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ok
Will try to get the two items as others say logic board assy and the purge unit. I will get the cost and see whether it is even available. Canon has a poor customer service unit.

emmaachile

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
This is the message i got from canon as regards the error message for 5C00.

Thank you for contacting Canon.

I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your Canon product.

With reference to your enquiry regarding the iX4000 error message, we would advise you to completely remove the ink cartridges and disconnect the printer from all power sources, computer and mains, and let the machine rest for 20-30 minutes. This will allow a hardware reset within the printer, and clear this issue.

After 30 minutes, reconnect the printer and power on. If the issue persists, we would advise you to follow the below link:

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/Repair_Process.aspx

Contact a repair center of your choice. Please include in your package a cover letter detailing your problem, proof of purchase for an in-warranty repair (within 12 months of purchase), a phone number, and a return address. You will be liable for all associated costs for an out of warranty repair, however with an in-warranty repair, you are only liable for the cost of postage to the repair center. For this I recommend you use a mail tracking service.

I hope this information is of use to you.

Should you have any further queries with regards to this matter or wish to reply to this e-mail within the next 5 days, please click on this link.

Yours sincerely,

Canon Consumer Support

Online Support

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
emmaachile said:
in-warranty repair (within 12 months of purchase)
So you are still covered under the 12 month warranty period, as jtoolman posted twice?

emmaachile

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
yes but I am in far away Nigeria. Chasing the warranty might cost me here. I am about to connect the printer back and hope the printer responds.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I wish you the best of luck, emmaachile. Hope the printer works properly for you.