Canon ip4850 two drivers but which one?

ipfken

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Having now gone over to a new computer with Windows 10 I need to sort out my printer.
First of all, I have run the original accompanying software but see there have been driver updates since July last year (two of them). Sadly Canon don't seem to want to offer much in the way of advice as to which one to download.
Also. in settings which should I choose.....Driver matching. ICM or none?
I haven't had to do this before as the previous comp was set up for me but that help is no longer available. I have done a few prints but they seem to have a dull greenish tint so I know I am in for some messing around before I am happy.
Help much appreciated.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Did you use the original install CD for your printer and did it work with Windows 10?

Canon UK has two Windows 10 drivers for your printer, see this. If you use a driver you downloaded from the Canon website, the version 2.56 is the normal driver and the one to use. To be honest I don't know what an XPS driver is and I haven't tried it, so don't use version 5.56.

I have a Canon iP3600 installed on my Windows 10 computer. The iP3600 can be considered a smaller and older version of your printer. Checking the settings it seems like "Driver matching" is the default setting. I recommend to use that setting.

Does the printer produce the dull greenish prints with all images or only with a certain test image?