Canon iP4760 Error 5100

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I call that area the purge pads where the print head parks. The ink absorber waste ink pads are buried deep inside the printer and you cannot see them unless you take the printer apart.

Are you saying that your problem was solved by simply pushing down on the purge pads?

Is your last post referring to before your problem was fixed or has the problem come back?

razorboybaboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr:

Oh sorry, I was replying to RMM and that was before the problem was solved.

Are you saying that your problem was solved by simply pushing down on the purge pads?
Apparently, yes. That was all the technician did. That's why I felt so stupid.. :(

dammit all! :lol:

saintsinner2004

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hello, i need help please. My ip4760 printer is on CISS almost 1 1/2 yrs now. Then recently i got this error msg, error 5100, i brought it to where i bought it coz apparently they can also fix it but the guys there told me that it's working fine there, they printed how many pages and haven't encountered the error 5100 that we are encountering here at home. so now i brought it home, we notice that everytime we try to print photos it goes to error 5100. but if it's plain paper that we choose, and standard printing, it would print it. what will I do please.. :( i'm thinking of reformatting my pc coz maybe it's a system virus that is doing this to my canon printer? am i right? is it possible? any help would be appreciated.. thanks

jkhes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
saintsinner2004 said:
hello, i need help please. My ip4760 printer is on CISS almost 1 1/2 yrs now. Then recently i got this error msg, error 5100, i brought it to where i bought it coz apparently they can also fix it but the guys there told me that it's working fine there, they printed how many pages and haven't encountered the error 5100 that we are encountering here at home. so now i brought it home, we notice that every time we try to print photos it goes to error 5100. but if it's plain paper that we choose, and standard printing, it would print it. what will I do please.. :( i'm thinking of reformatting my pc coz maybe it's a system virus that is doing this to my canon printer? am i right? is it possible? any help would be appreciated.. thanks
The root cause of Error 5100 in Canon inkjet printers can be so varied, a small piece of paper nesting inside the printer, waste toner full or even a corrupted printer driver. If you couldn't find a problem in printer's hardware then reinstall/update printer driver and scan your PC for viruses. More detail available here:
Error 5100 in Canon

officeinks

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
To solve 5100 error firstly you need to clean slit strip film and then in back of head carriage clean up film sensor.

Latest posts