bad results from a wf-2010w

mipak

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-2010
I'm running W7 and using an Epson WF-2010W with compatible inks. Up till now, I've always had excellent results but lately, printing in colour has produced lines of up to 4 or 5 mm wide in different colours running across the page.
I've had no problem when printing in black.
i've replaced the cartridges three times, gone through the checks each time with good results and the colour monitor shows the cartridges to be full.
BUT ... when I then run the print sequence, the page shows the lines as mentioned above.
I know that I've asked about this before but I'm still at a total loss.
I'd be grateful for any help ... does anyone have any ideas please?
Thank you in advance.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Please post a nozzle check from your printer...

OR, at least describe it, compared to a proper nozzle check.

mipak

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-2010
hi ...
thanks for your quick response.
the nozzle check is attached but the lines are feint ... having said that, they've always been a bit feint even when the printing results were good.
the black and all the 3 colour groups of lines are complete with no breaks or gaps ... looks perfect ...

Attachments

• pdf060.pdf
    275.1 KB · Views: 353

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I don’t use an Epson printer but I can see by your nozzle print that your Cyan and yellow are shot to bits and I suspect that’s why you’re getting poor results in your colour output.

You either got air in the heads or a clog in there somewhere so you’ll have to do some head cleans or maintenance with rest period in between to sort out your problem.

An Epson guru should be able to help describe how to sit the heads on a moistened paper towel to draw out the air/clog for you better that I can, so just hang in there because help is on the way.. :weee
Nozzle.png click to enlarge

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Black seems to look a little faint including the text (due to the ink??)
Regarding the colors magenta is okay, cyan is missing the last steps, yellow seems to miss almost half of the stairs/nozzles.
Reason could be bad ink flow from the cartridge, air in the printhead, or clogging
You could try carts of a different brand.
And for cleaning or soaking an epson printhead there is much information to find in the web...
http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/easy-unclogging-of-epson-printhead.5057/

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Your nozzle check shows missing lines in the yellow. That could be the issue. Let the printer sit overnight and post another check.

Feel free to "fiddle with the colors" on your scan to emphasize the colored lines. Yellow can be difficult to see.

mipak

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-2010
oh my word ...
i could see nothing wrong ...
when i read your posts, i had another close look at the lines. addmitedly, all 4 have always appeared feint, particularly the yellow but i was amazed when i looked at the yellow in the post above (thank you The Hat) ... looked like half the yellow was missing then i looked at my original printout with a magnifying glass and could see the huge gap there too.
on the cyan lines, i thought the gap at the bottom right was normal ... like it was cut off because it would have gone outside an unseen square line around all four colours ... but i can see now that the line should have continued to the right-hand edge.
the black and magenta look okay.
at least, now i know why i'm not getting good printing results.
i don't think my trying new or different cartridges will do any good because i've tried that already but the url link interests me a great deal (thank you martinOreg). had a brief look but have run out of time as i have to go out.
am very relieved that i now have a possible cause. very much appreciated.
will come back later to keep you informed.

mipak

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WF-2010
just an update ...
i managed to buy a bottle of windex (in the uk) and did a thorough clean of the 4 printheads using a 5ml syringe etc.
then a series of nozzle checks.
was very pleased with the result ... the lines were were all there, even the yellow so i started on the process of trying to catch up on my printing backlog.
i got excellent results for the first 7 pages then i lost the yellow so i re-did a clean of the printheads and more nozzle checks.
again, a good result which gave me 5 more perfectly printed sheets till the yellow decided to play up again.
at that point, i gave up, phoned epson and requested a replacement printer as mine was only 8 months old and well within its guarantee.
the new one will be here soon!
a good result but a pity i had to resort to that course of action.
so that's the latest ...
thank you all so much for your help etc. and best wishes for a happy and prosporous 2015.
michael.