A Pro 100 Chip Announcement

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I want to post this notice to stop all the nonsense and rumours that’s circling about
regarding the CLI-42 chip going AWOL.. :confused:

The answer is NO the chip won’t go BANG after a couple of resets.
It’s perfectly safe even after using the new redsetter time and time again
just like all the other OEM chips are. :celebrate

The new redsetter is a little bit slower to reset than previous models
so it’s important to take your time with it, otherwise enjoy. :hugs

So if anybody trys to tell you differently then you can pleasantly surprise
and tell THEM that it’s all a load of blarney.. :duc

So you can take it from The Hat, and I aint talking through it either.. :old

This does not include the OEM 250/251 paper chips which may have started all the rumours
going in the first place.. :somad

RedBlueGreen

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance The Hat. I'd already ordered a re-setter from Precision Colors and it's nice to see your confirmation that it works! :)

peter D

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-100
Thanks from me as well.
My chip resetter is on its long journey from Canada to New Zealand. I'm working through the ink in my second set of original Canon cartridges for the Pro 100 and the replacement inks from Precision Colors whilst awaiting it's arrival. I was too chicken to run refilled cartridges without the ink level monitoring functioning.
So far I'm very pleased with the Pro 100 and have tried the following papers:
Canon Plus Glossy II, Canon Pro Platinum, Canon Pro Lustre, HP Premium Plus Glossy swellable.
I've found the generic profiles for the Pro Lustre paper and Pro Platinum papers to be fairly accurate for colour but the profile for Plus Glossy II inaccurate and needing magenta backed off.
I also have some Ilford Galerie Prestige smooth fine art, Ilford Super Premium Pearl and Ilford Super Premium Satin ready for a burst of printing once the resetter arrives.
Any comments on the performance of Ilford papers with this printer would be welcome.
As an experiment I've printed a monochrome image on to ordinary uncoated artists water colour paper that is heavily textured (selected "plain paper" in the print menu) and achieved quite acceptable results with no obvious signs of ink bleed however I have doubts about the fade resistance of such a print.