Pigmera GX inks for P900 - recommendations?

Dragokazov

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson P900
Hi all,

I am researching the real user feedback about Pigmera GX for Epson P700/P900. I am thinking about purchasing the Pigmera inks for a long time (even before I purchased P900 2 months ago), but I have generally very bad experience with "compatible" or "alternative" inks and toners. Almost every time I`ve tried something called compatible, it sucked, was broken, broke, clogged, sucked again and so on. And because P900 is not a cheap printer and I would like to give/even maybe sell some of my own prints in the future (still learning, so maybe in farther future). I have concerns about the longevity, color stability and generally the color reproduction of these inks. They are definitively a lot cheaper than original, so this post is just if the price savings are worth it. there are no reviews of these inks on the Czech market nor on the internet at all (yes, one cool german set of videos, but my german sucks).

Thank you for all of your feedback.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I think Lothman on this forum uses Pigmera GX. I made profiles for him some time ago and I was really impressed by the blackness of their photo and matte black. The prints are very good and have a nice gloss and gamut is very good.

Lothman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I think Lothman on this forum uses Pigmera GX. I made profiles for him some time ago and I was really impressed by the blackness of their photo and matte black. The prints are very good and have a nice gloss and gamut is very good.
hehe, I think I agree with everything pharmacist said :weee.

I bought a used p900 and compared the Farbenwerk Pigmera prints to the OEM inks which came with the printer and for me they are equal. Also zero problems with clogging since then. Before I had Inktec in a p800, also very good but the blacks of Farbenwerk are much darker. OK the Farbenwerk inkset is also considerably more expensive than was the Inktec set. So you get what you pay for.

P.S.: you can order test prints from Farbenwerk made with their inkset.

Last edited: